Chapter 44-Finale Part 1

London

Scuse me

Scuse me. 'Scuse me." These people are so rude nowadays. They don't even bother to get out of the way.

I text Duke to see where he was because this place was packed with everybody and they mama.

I look around and see him waving his hands all goofy like. Laughing, I walk over to the table.

"Bout time you showed up." He flashed me his fine ass baby-making smile.

"Took me like enough."

"I know. I saw you struggling down there."

"Gee. Thanks for the helpful assistance." I say dryly.

"Anytime."

I give him a dry look before grinning. I've never been to this restaurant before but it was pretty chill and I liked it.

"Hello can I take your order?" The waitress appeared out of literally nowhere.

"Ummm." Duke looks to me as if asking and I nod.

"I'll get a sweet tea."

"Sweet tea." The waitress mumbles while writing it down. "And you ma'am."

"Lemonade no ice."

Once the waitress goes to get our drinks I begin to look into the menu.

"Thanks for inviting me here. On short notice." I say, still looking at the menu.

"No problem. I've been wanting to talk to you for a minute anyway."

"We were just on the phone last night stupid."

"That ain't enough for me. I wanna see you fine ass in person." He shrugs.

I swear I was finna have his kids right then and there. This boy never ceases to wow me.

"And here are your drinks." The waitress places both drinks in front of us along with our straws.

We give her our orders to and in little time she's walking off.

"Man I'm glad I gotchu." He says.

I sip my lemonade. "Why is that."

"You ain't no 'lemme get a salad' ass female. I likes that."

I shake my head laughing. "Never that."

"Our future kids will need that trait if they gone survive with us."

Damn near choking on my drink, I began to cough. It was so embarrassing. It's even worse when you try to stop and that cough keeps coming up.

"Kids?" I say in a raspy voice.

"Dang ma I'm that bad?" Duke laughs. "I was just playing though. You can chill."

Highly embarrassed, I take another sip of my lemonade before I die in this restaurant.