Chapter 17- where is he?

King

"Baby wake up

"Baby wake up." I start pushing London. She wasn't getting up so I started pushing and shaking her harder.

Thud.

"Ooouuu baby I'm sorry. On my life I ain't try to do that." I say through gritted teeth.

I help her off the floor before getting a pillow thrown at my head. "Boy you play to much. Dang you couldn't wait like 5 minutes? What the heck you want?"

I stare at her intensely debating on whether or not I should argue back or shutup. I study her face and bust out laughing.

"What's so funny?" She says getting out of bed putting her slippers on.

"You make that li bunny face when you mad." I say chuckling again. "You cute bae."

She rolled her eyes before cracking a slight smile. I don't know why she be tryna act all hard.

"Whatever Khalil. You still ain't told me What pushing me out the bed was for?" She said.

I stand up with her and go to the bathroom to wash my face. "Oh so we not telling our son happy birthday? You forgot?" I question. I know she ain't forget I just want a reaction.

"No Khalil I just-." She starts before I cut her off.

"Your being a bad mother."

"But I-."

"Wait till I tell King about his mama forgetting his born day." I smirk while putting my face towel back on the rack.

She stomps her foot and hits my butt and my face gets serious.

"Stop cutting me off and listen. Dang." She fumes. "It's 7:30 in the morning. King probably isn't even up."

She wasn't lying. That boy sleeps through anything and when we not waking him up he's gone until like 12 noon.

"One, you gone start hitting my butt because the Bible says do unto other as they will have them do unto you, soooo." My eyes and hands travel to those booty shorts she was wearing.

"Khalil move. What's the second reason?" She says laughing, crossing her legs letting me know she was getting turned on.

"Oh yeah, I gotta go out somewhere." I state

She gets serious. "Out where?"

"To meet Jahari about this new place he looking at."

She gives me a stern look before getting her toothbrush. "Khalil you better not miss your son's birthday party."

"Baby i ain't gone miss something like that."

London looks at me for a few seconds and I intensely stare back. After getting bored she walks out and I follow her.