Chapter 32- couple dispute

Khalil

This girl better pick up the phone

This girl better pick up the phone. This was like my 3rd time calling her and she wasn't answering any of my texts either.

I sit parked outside her driveway, waiting for her to answer but she never did. So I took it into my own hands to come in.

Grabbing King while in his car seat I walk up and knock on the door. "I'm coming." I hear London say.

She opens the door a few seconds later and I give her the death glare. Either she didn't see it or just ignored it because she immediately went to King's aid.

"Hey my baby how you doing." She cooes while tickling him. At first he started laughing but the sleepiness was hitting hard and he started getting cranky.

"Imma take him out of the car seat and let him roam around the living room for a bit." London takes his car seat out of my arms before sitting him on the carpet in front of some toys.

Still standing in my same spot I just flare and she finnaly looks up. "What?"

"Where yo phone at?" I say coldly. She gives me this disgusted look and flares at me up and down.

"What you want my phone for?" I ignore her and scan the room. She don't never be without her phone.

I see it sitting on the couch and grab it.

"Dude quit doing the most and give me my phone." She says.

"Why you couldn't text me back?" I say mad.

"Because it is on silent. I didn't hear it." London defends looking me dead in the eye.

I know she's telling the truth but still. If I wanna hear her voice then she better get to answer when I want.

I turn my head to the side and smack my lips. "You crazy bitch." I mumble. But it was louder than an actually mumble.

"What you say to me ?" She says turning her lip up and getting in my face. If I wasn't in the mood I was in I'd laugh because it was cute.

"Bruh get back off of me before i buss you." I say.

"Nah you all big and bad. You bold enough to call me out my name then you can do everything else." She says. She pushes me and I back up on one of her bookshelves, hitting my head.

I regain my balance and grab her by her neck. "Stop playing with me. Why you always play so hard to get bruh?" I ramble. She was so little that she was on her tippy toes trying to stay on the ground.

"Khalil-." She rasps and start punching me all in my face with them long arms of hers.

She started getting weaker and hit my hand that was holding her neck. Using with I'm guessing was her last bit of strength she kicks me in the balls and I throw her down on the ground to tend to my manhood.

"Get the fuck out my house." She yells holding her throat because her voice was still sounding rough.

When she removed her hand I realize she had marks all over her skin. And London is dark skin so I know I messed up.

I was staring for a long time at what I had done and hadn't even realized that she had pulled a gun out on me.

"Whoa chill out London." I say holding my hands in front of me and walking towards her. She aims the gun at me harder when I do that so I stayed still.

"You obviously didn't hear me when I said get out of my house?" She growls at me.

I hold my hands up and try to negotiate with London but she wasnt having it. She continued to point the gun at me and in her eyes I could see nothing but rage. But at the same time, I saw hurt.

Still keeping her eyes on me. I start to see a single tear fall out of her eye.

Uh-oh. It's only a matter of time before she breaks down. I thought

My inference was correct. Sure enough, another tear follows. And another. Next thing I know she's balling her eyes out.

"All I wanted you to do was talk to me. I would've understood." She cried holding her gum down. "But nooooo you just had to go. Probably to be with some skank." She waves the gun around to make her drama more realistic.

This girl was truly losing her mind and it was sad to see her like this. Especially when I did it to her.

"Why you looking at me like that?" She asked sniffing.

"Like what." I say lowly, not wanting to scare her.

"Like I'm just slow. Like I need help or sum. I mean can you blame me? You made me this way." She wipes her eyes but the tears keep coming.

King started walking over to her and she wasn't expecting it. He trips and grab her leg for support which took London by surprise.

"Ahhh." She screams and aims the gun at King not knowing it was him.

"No!" I yell trying to get the gun off of him and it worked. But London fired the gun right at me.

I clutch my arm and see some droplets of blood fall on the carpet, staining it. The pain was the last thing on my mind. Either from the adrenaline or the fact that King was good.

London's hand starts trembling as she places the gun on the shelf and runs to my aid. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. I-I- I didn't." She starts hyperventilating.

"It's only grazed." I say truthfully. Luckily I moved out the way so it didn't do any real damage.

In the drug world, if you make it out with only a graze then you hit the jackpot. So this was nothing for me.

London rubs her hand through her head. "Oh.. King." She turns around with King unphased by what happened and still reaching out to her.

She smiles and picks him up. "I'm going to take him to bed and when I get back please be gone." She says looking down.

"Nah That ain't -." I start but she cuts me off.

"I'm not asking. I need to be by myself." And with that she walks off into the hallway.