27

++
Annies pov
It was happening. Today is the day im meeting my daughter i got up at 6 and was ready by 7 we were meeting for lunch time but i was so excited I didn't exactly time things well so i still had alot of time on my hands. Jack was getting here for 10 so i flopped onto my sofa and watched whatever was on tv.

As i was eating breakfast there was a knock on my door i hopped up and went to answer it.
I opened it and was face to face with asher "please just hear me out" he announced before i could slam the door in his face i glared at him waiting for him to speak "i know the way I handled the situation was wrong and im sorry but it's not easy finding out something like that especially when all this time i kept telling myself you were better off without me then y-you tell me-no i find out you weren't o-" he rambled on "what im trying to say is give me a second chance please, let me have the opportunity to meet my daughter, let me have a choice in what happens with her and let me have another chance to love you, i know i messed up the first time round but I promise you I won't let you down, not this time. Please ann-please robin let me love you" he begged  i gulped feeling a lump in my throat "jack and i are meeting them for lunch at 12 i guess you can come" i mumble stepping aside as he walks in "im so happy i could kiss you right now!" He exclaimed happily "do not kiss me" i say back sternly closing the door he pecked my cheek "did it anyway" he giggles before taking a seat on my sofa "d-did you just quote a stydia moment?" I question resisting a smirk forming on my lips "yeah so?" He replies, a light pink grazing his cheeks "no reason" i shrug walking into my kitchen to admire his cuteness alone, maybe this won't be so bad after all.

Jack arrived and his face lit up when i told him asher was coming along "why don't you go just the two of you?" Jack asks as we all sat on the sofa i glance at asher who was already looking at me "i-im fine with that if you are" asher stutters looking away nervously "yeah i guess we could.....but i want you here when we get back so i can tell you all about her" i say hesitantly then cheerfully when I direct my words fully to jack, he smiles back wide "of course now go, go see your little girl".
++
We sat in the ice cream parlour waiting for them to arrive, my hands were slightly trembling as i fidgeted with them. Ashers hand landed on mine stopping them from shaking "its okay she's gonna love you" he whispered his lips grazing my ear slightly i nodded reassuring myself that he was right.

The sound off a bell directed my attention to the door for the tenth time in the space we had been here but only this time it was different. A small girl with long brown hair and the most beautiful hazel-green eyes clung onto will's hand tightly as she scanned the room sticking her small button nose in the air and taking in the sweet smell of ice cream. Asher hand, which i hadn't realised was now laced with mine, squeezed it unknowingly as i watched as a dimply smile plastered his face and his eyes glistened with love as he watched harper intently. I pulled my attention back to her as will pointed over at us my breathing almost stopped as i met her eyes they were so darn precious i could stare into them all day, she dragged will over to us stopping before me.

She studied me for a moment thinking deeply which was adorable before she smiled revealing dimples as deep as Ashers "im harper" she said sweetly "its nice to meet you harper, im julianna but you can call me annie" i reply bending down a little in my seat to be level with her and holding my hand for her to take. She grabbed it lightly, shaking it "its nice to meet you too, you know your very pretty" she complimented meeting my eyes "thank you and you know what so are you" i reply tapping her nose lightly with my finger causing her to scrunch it and let out a giggle.

She hopped in the seat opposite asher and will opposite me, i watched carefully as asher interacted with her for the first time ever. Both their faces were filled with happiness as they immediately clicked, harper reached over the table sticking her finger into his dimple on his cheek "hey you have dimples just like me" she chuckles poking her face after she was done with his "well isnt that cool" asher says cheerfully "so harper" i add catching her attention to me "what ice cream are you going to get?" I exclaimed opening the menu "mmm probably Cookie dough, its my favourite" she tells me excitedly after scanning the menu "hey ya know what that's our favourite too" i reply cheerfully gesturing at asher "really!" Harper smiles sitting up in excitement "yep or sometimes i like vanilla with loadsss of sprinkles" asher adds leaning in harper squeals "me too!" She says.

I turn to will a content smile on my face mouthing a quick 'thank you' before turning back and looking at asher and harper. This is what i want, this is what i've always wanted.
__________________________
Sorry I haven't posted in a while! But this is a long ish chapter so hopefully that makes up for it :)