28

++
Annies pov
I pushed harper on the swing while asher and will sat chatting "annie can i talk to you?" Harper said making me stop pushing and slowing the swing down "of course harper what's wrong?" I said kneeling infront of her while she still sat on the swing "do you love asher?" She asked me softly. The words rang through my head do i love him? I mean i know i used to but now "its just i've seen the way he looks at you and you remind me off these people in a story uncle will told me about ,Ash and juliet" she says I couldn't help but smile "yes harper i think i do love asher but-but it's complicated..... so ash and Juliet huh?" I explained changing the subject "yeah uncle will always tells me about this story about this girl; juliet who didn't speak and this boy;ash they fall in love and he helps her speak but then ash has to leave but he doesn't even say goodbye!" She tells me getting frustrated with the ending, trust me i was frustrated too. I was shocked that will had told her about asher and i although she didn't know it was about us it warmed my heart to know she would love hearing our love story "i guess that is like asher and i" i mumble looking over at him as he laughed at something will was saying his dimples showing, i forgot how much i had missed his face those beautiful green eyes and soft brown hair. His eyes met mine and my cheeks turned a shade of pink as i looked away and back to harper "how did you meet asher?" Harper asks me "i was sixteen and i was in high school no one really talked to me but he did, he listened to me and I slowly fell in love with him over time but just like in your story he had to leave and i was heartbroken so i dyed my hair, got tattoos and crazy piercings" i explain with a giggle showing her my hair, tattoos and piercing "thats cool" she said pointing to tattoo on my finger i smiled looking at it "its for my brother he's an angel now" I explain tears pricking my eyes "im sorry" she says jumping forward slightly and wrapping her arms around my neck. I hold her tightly letting a few tears slip away "im okay harp" i mumble into her shoulder she pulls away smiling at me making me smile, her smile was contagious if it didn't make you smile you were heartless i stood up holding her on my hip "lets go back to the boys now" i suggest she nods snuggling into me.
++
Harper ran up to lisa, will's sister or as harper knows her, her mom. I couldn't help feeling jealous to see someone doing the job i should be doing, asher laced his fingers with mine sensing something was wrong, i turned to him returning a fake smile.

Lisa walked over to us a big smile across her face as harper trailed close by "mommy this is asher and annie my friends" harper squeals dragging lisa to a stop asher put his free hand out for her to shake, which she does "its so nice to meet you, your daughter is a angel" asher says politely "she is isn't she" lisa chuckles hugging harper close to her leg. Her attention soon turns to me "you must be annie" she says putting her hand out, But im frozen i just stare blankly at her hand, asher squeezes my hand which he was still holding bringing me back to reality i clear my throat accepting her hand noticing a ring on her marriage finger "im sorry i can't do this" i choke out dropping asher's and her hand and leaving.
__________________
Comment what you think will happen next?