40

++
Annies pov
The next few days were hectic, johnny had been staying with me because he was still to afraid to face the thought of losing his father. When asher told me what brennan had suggested, i grabbed his face and kissed him tears falling down my face. We were currently on our way to the hospital asher was letting brennan stay with him until his cousin fly's in to help him get back on his feet. Will isn't doing so good this whole situation has took a big toll on him. Harper and i ran into him while we were out shopping the other day, he looked horrible and smelled of liquor, But of course will being will put a smile on his face for the young girl but i could see the pain in his eyes. I hadn't had the chance to tell him of our plans for his niece and in all honesty i was afraid for his reaction.

I started taking my medication again, my therapist had gave them to me a while ago to ease the pain and anxiety i felt, they do help. It turns out the reason asher was defending my father all along was because he had spoken to my mother while i was passed out. Turns out he had shown up at her doorstep pleading for forgiveness and claiming to be 'a changed man', i call bullshit but she was too venerable and accepted his apology inviting him into her home for 'a few drinks' so as you may guess my mom and I aren't exactly on the best terms at the moment.

We still hadn't told harper that her mom had passed we didn't exactly know how to say 'your mom died but hey its okay because she was never really your mom i am!' There just wasn't a easy way to settle the whole situation.

Asher pulled up outside the hospital and we got out linking hands and heading into the hospital, harper was with jack and johnny who had grown quite close in the last few days. Asher has been missing a few days of work but I wasn't going to allow him to lose his role and practically forced him to go in and atleast film one scene. We signed in and headed to brennan's room where he sat ready to leave a cast wrapped around his leg "hey" i say catching his attention "hi guys thanks for letting me stay for a little can you hand me those please?" He asked pointing to the crutches leaning against the wall i smiled handing them to him "so you ready to get out of here?" Asher says Brennan laughs lightly before replying "heck yeah".
++
I open the door to my apartment walking in to see it empty lights off. Asher had gone to his apartment to help brennan settle in, i headed upstairs to see if anyone was here turning on the bedroom light to see a massive 'A' made from flowers rested over my bed. A letter sat at the foot of the bed my name scribbled on the front

'Annie'
Hi love, i hope you like the flowers, its a little bit crazy right? Harper, johnny and jack will be staying at my place tonight. In your closet there is a dress put it on don't hesitate or complain that its all too much just put it on'

While reading i open my closet to see a beautiful white dress hung up, i took it out laying it on my bed and just staring at it.

'You deserve a break, no you need it so please put the dress on'

I chuckle obeying the words and undress sliding into the dress

'Now you're probably struggling zipping it up huh?'

I laugh while finally pulling the zip up.

'Let your hair down and take a few deep breaths now im only going to hope you didn't read this all before putting the dress on because it would ruin the surprise'

A knock pulls me away from the letter and i make my way downstairs to answer it.

'Open the door
Asher x'

I read before opening the door to reveal asher wearing a white shirt lilacs in hand "i know I already got you the roses but i know you love these" he smiles.
______________________
Any suggestions of what should happen?