39

++
Annies pov
*a week later*
I groaned stretching my legs before sitting up. Harper was sound asleep besides me I gently brushed her hair out of her face "harp" i say softly "time to get up" i add and she whines "noo" she mumbles snuggling into me "we're going to see your dad today" i say and she jumps up "and mommy!?" She asked. I look down "not today sweetie, mommy had to go away for a little while remember" i say running my hand through her slightly knotted hair she frowned but it soon returned back to her normal bright smile "can i wear that dress asher brought me?" She asked, i smiled and nodded in return she wrapped her small arms around my neck giving me a tight hug "thank you" she whispers and before i know it she's off the bed searching through her little bag and pulling out her new yellow dress.
++
We arrived at the hospital asher signed us in and we went to his room. With a light knock on the door we opened it and harper rushed in "daddy!" She exclaimed. He mustered up a small smile pushing himself up a little "hello baby" he replied giving the small girl an attempt of a hug "daddy this is asher and annie. My best friends" she announced pointing to us asher waved "it's nice to meet you" i say "you too i've heard alot about you both" he replies "all good things" he added, I giggled "we're gonna give you two some time alone. we're just outside if you need us" asher spoke up holding his hand out for me to take and leading me out the room.

We sat in the seats opposite the room "he's nice" i say breaking the silence "he is" asher agrees looking at me. He had a look on his face that like he was trying to read my expression "what?" I ask "it's just with harper staying with us for the past week i've got a taste of what it's like to ya know....be a parent and i can't help but feel scared we'll never see her again" he confesses looking down while talking "Brennan seems like a reasonable guy im sure we can work something out" i reassure him as confident as i can when in reality i feel the exact same.
Harper walked out "he wants to talk to you" she said pointing at asher, asher nervously stood up looking down at me i gave him a reassuring smile and watched him walk in the room.
++
Ashers pov
I walked in standing besides the bed awkwardly "sit" he offered gesturing to the chair near the bed, i do as requested plopping down in the seat. He let out a breath "look man im going to save you the worry and get straight to the point, i know who you are. The both of you l-lisa had told me about you" he said his voice cracking at the mention of his deceased lover "and I don't think i can do this by myself. She's only 5 she needs two strong parents who love eachother not one useless cripple" he continued "w-what are you saying?" I ask not quite understanding him "she's yours. I want you to adopt her i mean i'd love to be able to visit her-" he started to ramble. Happiness took over me and it was evident "anything you can visit her when ever you like, thank you man" i thanked him he smiled back at me "it's what lisa would've wanted" he said "the day she first met you guys, she said how much she wished things could've been different don't get me wrong she loved that little girl with her whole heart, she still does, but she could see how much you guys loved her too and i think this is the best thing for all of us" he explained i smiled and nodded "she was a beautiful person" i added "i know" he whispered.
____________________
I don't know how long this book is gonna be but it might be ending soon idk