19.5

Nassiah

I was exhausted but I couldn't sleep for long, Alonso was actually sleeping because he moved a lot during the night. I don't know when I became a light sleeper but every time he moved I woke up a little bit more, so here o was listening to his heart beat as he slept. A question rotating my mind over and over again, should I tell him I know? I didn't want to tell him if he truly didn't want me to know. It was a long night so every possibility of why he wouldn't want me to know had flew through my mind. But I came to the conclusion, maybe he doesn't trust me. I mean I'd trust him with my life but he's just that kind of person. Trustworthy. Either that or he wasn't ready but both of those answers brought me back to the beginning. His breathing picked up making my head snapped up towards the chocolate man sleeping. I assumed he was waking up but then it started to slow down-bang

"Pa I up now" the door swung open and there stood King with half his pajamas on and a dingy stuffed animal . "I ake Zo?" He asked as he was already climbing up into the bed we were laying in.

"No- and why you always yelling? You acting like you got no sense" I started but here came Alonso to his rescue.

"Learned it from you" he muttered sleep still in his voice his eyes opening after he finished talking. In moments like this it made it hard to continue to pretend I don't know, he intentionally hurt Alonso for what? The boys heart is huge and he never does anything wrong. Hell the boy puts everyone before himself and the world keeps shitting on him. I tried not to work myself up- the man is already dead and I'm not even suppose to know. I smiled softly as I felt him kiss my cheek I thought it was sweet until I registered the words being said around me.

"I neva agreed to going to da zoo" I responded making both boys in front of me let out a sigh. King use to be my twin as everyone mentioned but he wants to be just like Alonso. It's getting worse the more they hang out, the boy idolizes him and has from the moment he seen him. I was scared it would be Donnie as King does believe he's the funniest thing in the world.

"Pease i Anna see da Gigi" he said holding up his stuffed giraffe. He named it Gigi and now believes every giraffe has the same name, I wasn't going to burst his dreams yet anyway.

"Didn't I had to pop you yesterday?" I recalled and the boy let out a whine.

"You was being bad?" Alonso asked the boy who was giving him sad eyes and shook his head.

"Pa is ean and ell at king " he huffed. "Nd you iss pa den happy"

"You right king he only listen when I kiss him- he needs a popping too" I furrowed my eyebrows at Alonso and king having their conversation as if I wasn't right here. King had threw his head back with laughter after everything Alonso said before he would reply.

"Y'all keep talking that shit but you finna be in the house all day" I shut them both up making two set of eyes look at me with confusion.

"Why can't we go?" Alonso asked first. "You got anything better to do?"

"Kind of"

"Iss him he ean" king huffed rubbing his eyes.

I don't know how the two got me to cave but here we were walking into the zoo. Well it was more Alonso getting me to cave but none the less here we all were. Donnie and Von were looking for suspects, due to it being it broad daylight someone seen- someone had too. We told Tas'hania to go about her normal schedule and continue doing her appointments for the day. Don't need to rise suspicion. So I just had to relax. I tied kings shoe as he looked around with wide eyes. We had stopped to pick up Dior and she was the only one I knew that successfully told king what to do with ease.