21.5

Nassiah

   "So I'll see you later?" I questioned after Alonso who was trying to walk out the door without speaking to anyone.

   "Yeah I'll be back" he muttered before leaving me there. I heard a small chuckle behind me and rolled my eyes already about to curse Lacey out. "You can sleep inna transport van" I warned as her hair was now messed up and she had bandaids on her face.

   "He's such a good boy" her face litt up "happy- so happy it's like we aren't his parents"  she joked and that made me send her a small nod. "I know I'm a fuckup parent— but I'm thankful you stepped up" she ended it with and I let out a small sigh.

   "You're loyalty runs deeper than anyone I know—just to the wrong people" I spoke but I wasn't going to get to deep into this conversation I've been having it for years it seemed like. She never listened— and now I'm thinking that she never will. This shit will be the death of her and were was Tyrell hoe ass during all this? Probably cheating.

   "He's all I had sense I was 10 Nassiah— ain't never asked me for nothing. Every time I touched a gun it was me. I did bad on my own but it was all to help him— because I thought this was love— I mean I'm 22 years old I probably don't know love and it took me 22 years to figure out I never had it... but I still owe him a lot of things— and probably my life 4 times over so I guess this is my debt"  She spoke with fear in her voice but she didn't seem scared. It was the type of fear that you know is coming because you know you can't get out of it. Even if she did snitch Lacey wasn't clean in no way possible. Her snitching wouldn't do all that but get her off death row and back for a life sentence. Either die now or later.

   "Shut yo ass up— that man was 21 messing with some 10 year old— don't Matta how grown you  looked he was inna wrong. Had you when you was weak and needed ya mom and changed the way you thought. Ion pitty you Lace cause you a grown women now— but I can never hate you. Ya basically fucked up in the head" I said with a small shrug and she sent me a push.

   "They found the body" I told Donnie walking into the house his face hardened and he ashes the blunt immediately. He motioned for many people to leave and they did without a word.

   "What they got? They caught her?" He asked as soon as the last person left the room. He was on edge- ever sense the case open nobody was the same. Nobody could possibly understand but the three of us— Tas'hania going to jail was the worst thing that could happen. The glue would come undone. The gates of hell would open and behind them— Dayquellz and Nassiah with devilish grins terrorizing the streets.

"I don't think so— she didn't hit me back yet though" I said sitting on the coffee table rubbing my face.

    "Well I got niggas watching her place and nobody text me so maybe it's valid" he spoke our eyes said otherwise when we looked at each other.

   "What y'all kicked everyone out fore?" Von said as he walked in the house past everyone who was now sitting on the couch.

   "They found da body" Donnie filled him in and Von sent a small shrug.

   "That ain't none of that— my sister ain't gonna be in nobody fuckin jail" I yelled kicking the chair in front of me.

   "Relax tough guy— she didn't hide the body I did" he said plopping down on the chair I had just attacked.

   "Nigga huh?"

"Y'all thought My Tas'hania- my TT. The girl who was gonna have my kids ain't come to me first? Yeah right.. I'm the one who sent her to y'all" he said clapping his hands together as if he was watching a play.

"Nigga huh? T hate yo ass" Donnie spoke out loud.

"T called the twins so they could help her hide a body— hell I thought she was lying so I told them go on with they busniesss. Next thing you know they come to me with a actual body saying T shot it— I barried it without hesitation this was a daytime shooting. I approach T the next day I knew they wasn't lying, don't take much for T to spill to me that's my babylove" he whipped the wrinkles out of his shirt as if he wasn't telling us important information.

"Nigga— they looking at the cameras tonight... what if they send yo ass for it?" I asked the question of the moment it seemed because the room got quiet between the three of us.

"Then imma take it the fuck— I taught you snitchin was bad remeba that"

I looked down at the boy who was asking me a question now but I happened to ignore earlier. I heard his voice I just didn't think it was much importance. " hen mommy eave we go see my titi?" King asked leaning against my legs. I saw the sadness of Lacey's face appear and I looked down at kings innocent face.

"You not having fun with mommy?" I asked he just gave me a shrug.

"Mommy stay wif me nd pa and daddy?"

"No she not staying with me and you— Alonso don't even live hea boy"

"Daddy? Oh he helps you raise him?" Lacey questioned. "You showed up at his door three years later and he opened it?" She was shocked at the last part.

"Please she eep in my big boy Ed" he whined lifting his little foot up and placing it down without leaving a stomp quiet yet.

"Bubba- mommy got in trouble still, I just got to see you for a little bit my special boy" she said caressing his face. King only sighed.

"You be ood and ome ack?" He turtles her head and she gave him a nod before scooping him into her arms. "You can answer my question though Nassiah"

"What you want me to say, damn!" I snapped aggregated with the female. She flicked my ear and I was about to start an argument but there on her lap sat my son. "I don't know if he raising my son damn— I mean he likes kids, sometimes they be whispering to each other like they got secrets but king a bad ass whisperer they just be talking bout cookies and Ken girlfriend Keshia" I said with a small smile on my lips. "King be copying him so much yoo- he only calls me pa because Alonso does"

"Don't alk bout my Zo" king interrupted but I ignored he boy anyway. Lacey was giving me a look- not any look but the look.

"You're happy— it's almost hard to tell what the look on your face was— but it's definitely happiness" she gave me a sad smile and then looked around the house. "This could've never been us— you're too crazy" she said rocking kings body slowly.

  "Ian crazy"

"Oh yeah? Remember dat hit and run we did?" She said a smile instantly coming to my face as I recalled the memories. We were young and dumb and the police really couldn't catch us.

   "It was your plan"

  "You went no questions asked!" She said playfully shoving my shoulder. "Those were good days— if only we could go back" I side eyes her wondering where this was going. "Unlessss" She hummed and there it was. "I heard you talking about — you know earlier.. can I help?" She asked I saw the gleam in her eyes. She was the female version of me with a lot more anger.

  "Yeah right— you're like a walking target" I mumbled rubbing my head "lucky I'm letting you stay in my house" I added and she only sent me a small nod.

   "And I really do appreciate it, I got nothing but love for you" she sounded sincere but I couldn't believe it I still let out a snort at the thought about that being real. "Why is that funny?" She asked getting defensive.

  "Yo ass don't love nobody but that boy that got you in that cell; you hugging ya son for the last time because of him" my eyes looking into hers and hers looking into mine she leaned in- I leaned away just enough, enough to stumble off the couch but still enough our lips barely brushing past each other. "Don't start ya shit Lacey" I reminded her as I was now standing up.

   "Sorry I just wanted a happy ending; my family together and shit"

.......................

• I got a lil spam for y'all tonight maybe