29.0

Alonso
August, 7th.

I looked at my dad who had a confused look plastering his face. "What?" I asked raising a eyebrow and he sat down rubbing his face. My father moved closer to Chicago after everything that happened with Rahmil; I thought he would be more help then looking stupid on this topic. 

   "You're adopting a baby?" He responded to me. "You and Nassiah I'm assuming? Doesn't he already have a kid? You want a child and a toddler?" I could see his stress levels rise as he repeated back to me my plan.

   "That is what I said— Nassiah doesn't know yet" I then attempted to explain but he held up his hand.

    "You're adopting a baby and your significant other doesn't know?" He asked before leaning back in his chair, "I'm not understanding" I was growing tired of this tedious conversation. He let as just as helpful as a parrot as of right now.

    "Well you adopted me so I was hoping you could help, guess not" I mumbled hoping he would get the hint- he did.

  "Ah okay right, Alonso you guys would just have to prove to the judge your fit to raise the baby after whomever gives birth— Wait this is hypothetical right?"

  "...no.." I said taking note of what he started to say. "Why is this so hard to get through your head?" I was getting slightly irritated mostly because they were only going to question Nassiah for so long and his noesy ass couldn't sit still and act right in a police station.

    "Whose baby? That girl huh? I did mean to ask you how you guys are holding up— Judge Roy shows no mercy" he muttered shaking his head a bit. "Wait a minute- Alonso are you stable enough to raise a baby?"

  "What's that suppose to mean?"

"It means exactly what's implied, a lot has happened in the past two months- shit maybe more I wouldn't know.. you don't talk to me about these things" I sucked my teeth. I was fine. Did I not seem fine?

  "If I wasn't okay you would know"

  "Would I?"

"Chief" the door cracked open and there was the nitrous detective Phelps. "He's not a suspect"

   "Stop bringing him in then! You're connecting unnecessary dots"

  "With all due respect that is his father, sir and we have on record him and his mother not getting along"

    "Damn, leave him alone y'all just threw his sister in jail" I spoke getting up. "When you remember the process call me" I said to my dad before slipping out of the room.  There sat Nassiah arguing with someone already.

    "I'm just saying, niggas die everyday in Chicago- how much people you save a day?" He asked staring at one of the officers.

    "A lot, tha-

"My fault, how many niggas. And I said  save not throw in jail"

  "How ma-

"Okay come on pa" I interrupted gaining Nassiah's attention. He stared the cop down for a bit longer before walking out with me.

   "Cops be on dick, she ain't even dead— just crispy" he shrugged as he strolled through the parking lot. his mother was in emergency care, has been for over two weeks and she didn't seem to be getting better if you asked me.

"You dead wrong for that one and you know it" I spoke pulling him into me so I could wrap my arms around the smaller male.

   "Oh shit- I hope my lil nigga wasn't in dere" she said with a gasp- "I was finna smoke him up" he looked at me with wide eyes but I just scrunched up my face. I knew the situation was taking a toll on Nassiah but I didn't think he wanted to admit it. I lost two mothers in my life time and each time it felt like  the world was ending- even though he hated his mom she's was hanging on by a thread and he wouldn't even go see her. Not to mention now we were on the way to keems house but as soon as we got in the car and I drove inwards the shop Nassiah wanted to argue. "Ion wanna see his fat ass" he spoke as he played with my hand that was once laying on the arm rest. "Zoo" he whined making me glance over in his direction for a split second.