20.0

Nassiah
A week later

  "So we got five fucking witnesses" Donnie said as soon as I sat down. Tas'hania dumb as hell.

    "And?"

"I only tracked down maybe 3- none of them seem like snitches it's hard to tell because she did it in the day. Some street cameras work some don't. If they don't find the body we're good" he reassured me.

   "You think I'd marry a man?" I questioned and Donnie's face scrunched up.

   "No- wait wait no. You might marry Alonso but not just any nigga" he responded.

   "Alonso doesn't think i'll marry a guy"

"Well I only seen you with one nigga— him. So why would he think that?" I shrugged at the question he did have a point. But that also means Alonso was just waiting around for me to get tired of him. That's depressing.

"Whatever Dayquellz, I'm just asking cause maybe imma marry him" he looked at me then smacked his lips together.

"Boy obviously, who else gonna put up with you? Not to mention neph crazy as fuck" he pointed out "but I ain't know you was settling down you know how you get" he added and I rubbed my face. I use to get tired of people real quick- but I mean maybe I could marry Alonso. I did run from commitment already though.

"Shut up I changed" I added huffing he looked at me for a while before nodding. "Don't look at me like that. I can be a husband"maybe.

"Boy whatever, why you stressing?" He questioned and I couldn't help but exhale at the words leaving his mouth. All I've been doing is stressing.

"I just wanna make sure this is the right path"

......

I was doing so good- then this crackhead called me not only once but four times. She went off about how she didn't know I was back and town and if she doesn't see me now she's making pop ups— one thing I didn't need was her dumb ass around my son so here I was outside of her house. I haven't talked to my mother in years. I wouldn't say I hate her but I could do without her; she doesn't have to die or anything.

    I knocked on the door sucking my teeth from the message I received.Apparently there was another suspect— that's what Donnie said the news had said earlier;the cops were talking to them. Much more stress added- Tas'hania needed a alibi. I brought it up the other night  but they mentioned that if they find out she's lying— more time. I'm also fresh off probation and for the first time and years fully free from police harassment. Well as much as a black man could be.

   "You're not the pizza guy" a teenage boy said opening the door, he looked sort of familiar it's been almost three years, so that would leave the youngest what was his name— Santa? Shamus?  "Wait— Nassiah?"

   "Yeah, uh wassup kid?" I asked studying the boy who now had a nose ring- his shaved head covered with a cut ski mask and his once innocent skin was covered in tattoos.

"Damn— I ain't eva think you was coming back here. That's some shit dog" I sent him a small smirk walking in- the boy wasn't ever a problem to me, sure a bit of a easier kid to influence but he seemed he turned pretty alright.

"Sawyer what did I tell you about smoking in my house? The whole upstairs smells like marijuana— ever sense you been hanging around Reela" my mother's husbands voice filled the front room as he cane down the stairs fixing his tie.

"First off don't disrespect my shawty her name Reliyha and she don't even smoke— I just be doin what I do, you need to do what you do and fix that goofy ass outfit. Pussy nigga musta lost his whole mind" he grumbled walking up the stairs pushing past his father. My mothers husband only scoffed his eyes going back on the time leaving me standing there impatiently. His eyes looked up at me as I let out a impatiently sigh and he opened his mouth before closing it again.