26.5

Nassiah

I could practically hear Alonso's stress level just by sitting next to him. I had Maurice watch king and Dj.I was also nervous about that, king only really been around Donnie,My aunt,T and Alonso. So I had a constant nag in the back of my head hoping he was okay. I sat next to Alonso and Donnie as we waited for the court date to start. My hand rested on Alonso's inner thigh mostly to calm my own nerves. Who would've known it would've came down to Von and Tash in a court room out of all of us. "Pa" Alonso finally hummed. Of course that also caught Donnie's attention as he looked even more nervous then Alonso. "How you think this finna go?" I was scared as fuck but I didn't want Alonso or Donnie to see. I was gonna have to be the responsible one now until Alonso decided to be it again.

"I think— well I hope, they give Von harder time then T— sorry Donnie" I said truthfully he shrugged.

"Nigga don't we all? That's if Von even get out, I heard they trynna connect other shit to Von aswell" Donnie whispered and I just kept rubbing circles on Alonso's thigh. I hated court, I hated court when I sat in it— when anyone did. Mostly because with my luck whoever I was here for was going to jail.

"I hate court" Alonso then mumbled as if he was reading my mind. "Last time I was in one— I saw My father go to jail. That man was pissed" he spoke and I nodded simply.

"He probably pissed in hell too" I joked and that caused a small smile to form on Alonso's face. It soon went away then the judge walked in.

"Today we will be reading the case of Tas'hania J. Martin facing first degree murder and Tayvon R. Cole vs Rahmil Chavera Who is facing aid of first degree murder, another court of first degree murder. Intend to sell 14,000 worth of narcotics, unregistered weapons and other gang related crimes" I couldn't help but let out a whistle. Messy ass Von. "We will start with Tayvon Cole" the judge added sitting down and out came Von. Same goofy smile as always. The judge banged his hammer twice and the trial started.

"How do you plead Mr. Cole?"

"Not guilty" Donnie sucked his teeth at his brother as we watched him sit down. We sat maybe two rows behind but I knew Von could hear Donnie calling him an idiot under his breath.

"They're gonna violate because he said not guilty" Alonso confirmed what I had suspected. His hand moved mine from his thigh and into his as he held it semi tightly.

"Your honor, this man right here is a harm to society" a while man started. "Not only is he poisoning our community with drugs. He got caught with numerous of firearms— and two charges of murder"

"That's not true till proven" Von interrupted making the judge hold up his hand and then motion for the white man to continue.

"Well- we only caught him with two charges of murder, but several possible murder weapons for a lot of unsolved murders"

"Da the store" Von responded and I wanted to smack his ass.

"My client- is being stung along on conspiracy theories? What is this Netflix?" Vons judge objected and I smacked my lips. He good.

"Here is video surveillance- of Tayvon here getting rid of the body later claimed as Rahmil Chavera" they then played the video and I was ready to hear him get named guilty. It was black and white not that good— but good enough. Especially because Von dumbass looked right at the camera without knowing. Mumbled ran through the court and the jury looked at Von as if he was done.

"I would like to call Trayvon to the stand"

"He can't do that!" Von called out but his lawyer whispered something in his ear. "Nevermind Imma go" the judge was probably annoyed with his antics but shit- we all were.