Old friends

"H-hi, why uh how are you doing? Why are you here?"He shoves his hands into his pockets and tilts his head to the side.

"To drive" I say in a duh tone which makes me feel kinda bad when he frowns.

" Listen uh can we tal-"

"Louis come here I want you to meet someone!" Marcel obliviously pulls me away.

I smile and nod as he introduces me to a guy, Elliot and goes on to tell me that he and a couple of his buddy's started this racing track and it became a huge hit.

"You Racin'?" Damon walks up to us.

"'Course" I shrug finding my feet more interesting.

"Need a partner?"

I look up to see him staring at me so I point at myself to make sure he's still talking to me.

"Yeah you" he chuckles taking a sip of his drink, Bourbon to be exact.

"For what" I push a loose stand of hair from my face.

"Racing?"

"Oh yeah right of course." I nod

"Umm" I say looking for marcel seeing him chatting with some girls and Adrian.

"Yeah I'd love to, but are you sure you can handle a ride with me" I laugh and I'm the corner of my eye I notice Stephen staring longingly with his puppy eyes.

"You're easy, you can't hurt me I'm a vampire" he smirks his Damon-y smirk.

"Is that a challenge?!"

"Let's go ask your brother" he says escorting me over.

I tap him on his shoulder which has him looking around and finally done at me.

"Hi little one" He smiles his signature smile.

"When I can I race?" I ask.

"Ummm" he pretends to think, "how about now?"

"Well what are you waiting for then go get me the car!" I say excitedly.

Damon walks me over to the starting line where everyone is cheering for the racers.

Marcel pulls up with his car and switches us out.

We talk for a little while before he walks away to talk to Adrian.

I see Stephan standing with everyone else. And unreadable expression is there.

I give a subtle wave and he waves back.

"We're leaving you know?" Damon says from the passenger seat hooking up my harness for me, then leans back to do his own.

"Where?"

"Anywhere, everywhere" he sighs glancing out the window.

"Can I come?" I say humorously.

"Maybe in the summer we'll come get you. Knowing Stephen, he won't tell you no." He chuckles.

Everyone is in their car and someone is coming around to double check everyone is strapped in. This is already illegal enough the least people could do is stay safe and not die.

A girl walks out onto the track.

Oddly enough she starts the count down at 10.

The anticipation is driving me crazy.

"9"

"8"

"7"

I keep holding my breath.

"6"

"5"

"4"

I release it slowly with a glance at Damon receiving a reassuring smile.

"3"

This is it.

"2"

The moment I've been waiting for.

"1"

We're off.

I finish off the first lap in second smiling as I glance at the side lines.

I see Marcel jumping excitedly as I finish the race in first and laugh as people look at him weirdly.

I really do love him.