Chapter 5 - Remember

We arrive outside the place I live. I use to call it a house, but it doesn't feel like home.

My dads battered car sits outside, which means he's in. The nerves build up inside me and I become all shaken.

"Go on then, what are you waiting for?" Jimin asks becoming agitated.

"I don't know."

After a few more seconds of stillness he sighs and grabs my arm pulling me out of the car, "Look you don't need to be afraid cuz I'm here and I won't let him hurt you because otherwise I won't have a toy to push around and play with."

Weirdly, this reassures me. My dad's strong but Jimin is stronger and a more experienced fighter.

As I step out of the car the familiar scent of weed hits me. I stare at the withered wooden slabs, that are the only thing holding this building together.

Cautiously, we make our way up to the house, I let us in and pray he doesn't realise.

The mould embedded into the cracks on the walls accompanies the decaying floors. Comfort use to be present in this place, however, it no longer is. Instead the dreary aura takes it's place.

The musty atmosphere makes me feel like gagging and the creaky floor boards cause my anxiety to increase with every step. My instincts start going off telling me that someone....

"Y/N! IS THAT YOU?" The loud furious voice make some flinch violently. My heart beat rushes and I feel as though I can't breathe. Frozen to the spot with fear I allow the angry footsteps to come closer.

"I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU'RE HOME, YOU WILL BE SORRY!"

Suddenly, I feel a tug on my arm as the person whisks me away running into the kitchen. I turn around to see Jimin, of course its him, he's the only other person in this house other than my dad's whore.

"Move then you idiot, or do you want to be killed by him?"

Still in shock I just stare at him, scared for my life.

"I will find you." My dad's sinister voice breaks our silence.

"Hide there now." Jimin gestures to the table.

Frantically I crawl under the table as he hides in the big cupboard under the stairs just in time before my dad, whose carrying an extremely mad expression, enters.

"I heard you come in here you slut. Where are you?"

I hear his stamping feet wander the kitchen, my breathing seems to be 100 times louder than usual. I cover my mouth trying to be silent.

I jump out of my skin as the table cloth is abruptly lifted revealing my fragile self.

My dad drags me out from under the table looking more intimidating than I've ever seen him.

"HOW DARE YOU DISOBEY MY ORDERS? I gave you an order to follow and you didn't listen. Its going to be fun punishing you."

His face gets close to mine his gritted teeth making me cower even more. He raises his left fist and slams it into me as hard as he can, the impact makes my whole body turn and fall to the floor.

He approaches me again his fist still clenched. I shut my eyes tight awaiting the next hit. To my surprise I hear my dad yell in pain. I open my eyes, the view being Jimin repeatedly punching my flustered dad.

My dads face is blocked from my sight by Jimin's fist. Unsure of how to react, I stand here frozen, perplexed watching the unlikely scene unfold infront of me.

Jimin's advantage of surprise has worn off and to be honest I'm worried for him. He's strong but my dad goes crazy when he's drunk. My dad pushes Jimin off and climbs on top of him, reversing the positions. His face comes into view and his lip is split and swollen, blood is splattered across his face from where Jimin beat him hard.