Chapter 28 - Taxi Ride

I down my 5th glass of water, almost sober now. 

Jimin: How are we going to do this?

Y/n: I don't know I was hoping you would have a plan.

Jimin: Well I don't

Y/n: Hang on I got an idea. Just make sure your friends see.

Jimin: What?!

I don't reply and instead approach the man across the counter from me.

"Um, excuse me?" I grab his attention, "Could you do me a small favour?"

"Depends what it is." The man replies grumpily, I may have chosen the wrong guy but all well.

"Well, I am going to give you my purse and I'll leave my money in it so think of that as me paying you to do this, and can you hold it so that if anyone looked over at you they would definitely see it?"

The man furrows his eyebrows, "Why?"

"It's difficult to explain but it would really save my ass from having to spend a night on the streets, so please?" I plead, disregarding any dignity I had left.

"Ok, fine. As long as this definitely won't get me into any trouble." He reluctantly agrees.

"Thank you so much!" I exclaim as I hand him my purse with the remains of my money in it.

The things I'm having to give up for this. 

I walk away and look back to see the man is holding the purse out in the open so it's easily visible. I approach Jimin and his friends and shyly tap him on his shoulder.

He turns around, his expression morphing into one of confusion when he sees me. I raise my eyebrows signalling him to go along with it because it's part of my plan. 

He seems to understand as he asks, "What do you want?" This catches the attention of the 6 other boys.

"Umm..." My nerves are seeping through which I make no effort to conceal as I would normally be nervous talking to them, only now am I realising I didn't plan out what to say to him once I got to this stage of the plan, "I-I was wondering if you could lend me some money for a taxi home?" 

Jimin looks at me like I've lost it.

"Why would we give you any money?" V spits at me.

I bite my lip, "Well, I don't know anyone else here and that man stole my purse with everything in it other than my phone and my ID." 

At my words Jimin catches on and plays along, "So you have no way of getting home?"

"No." I look down, intimidated by the stares from the good-looking boys.

"Instead, why don't we just go get your purse back." Jungkook starts strolling over to the man.

"No!" I burst out and they all look at me expectantly, "Errr, I just don't want to bother him. I think he's homeless so I don't mind but I just need to get home." Well done y/n, that was the worst excuse I've ever heard.

"Instead of us giving you money why don't you just come in our taxi, it will be cheaper that way. And if I remember right, you live a few blocks away from me right?" Jimin suggests before any of them have time to question my weird reasoning.

"Umm, yeah I-I do." I analyse the others expressions.

Jungkook and Jin don't seem bothered by the idea and J-hope doesn't look opposed to it but the other 3 don't look too pleased.