Chapter 26 - Caught

"Jimin?" His name enters my ears and I know we've been spotted.

He gestures for me to go away and pretend it's a coincidence again.

So I comply and go back a bit before walking forward, seemingly casually again.

"Oh hey." Jimin speaks.

"We didn't realise you were here. Are you alone?" Jungkook questions.

"Ermm..yeah." Jimin sounds unsure even to me so it doesn't surprise me in the slightest when Jin and Jungkook narrow their eyes at him.

"Why would you come here alone? You are scared of rides." Jin states.

I try to sneak past, my plan is to walk next to someone else who's exiting so that I am hidden, then I'm going t-

"Y/n?" Fuck.

I pretend to look surprised when I hear them call me over. Wearily, I approach them.

"Why are you here?" Jin questions. 

What does he mean why am I here? Because I came to the fair? At least it's better than a threat or worse.

"Um, because me and my friends came here." I answer truthfully.

"I don't see your friends anywhere." Jungkook says blankly.

"They just left which is why I'm now leaving." I mimic his tone, tired of this obvious conversation.

They're not as scary when there's only three of them, and they're even less scary when one of them is Jimin ...a friend. I inwardly squeal at the thought.

"Whatever." They brush me off and I take that as my queue to leave.

I sigh a breath of relief when Jimin's car comes into view. Oh shit. Jimin's car, but no Jimin - this could be an issue.

[...]

I wait by the car for another 10 minutes assuming Jimin is going to come once he's finished talking to them. His voice catches my attention and I look over to see all 3 of them walking over. Rapidly, I dive behind the car and pray to God the other 2 are leaving soon.

"What time do we need to be there?" It sounds like Jin's voice.

"I think it's 10." Jimin's smooth, honey-like voice flows into my hearing.

"Ok, we'll let you go now." Jungkook and Jin stand back as Jimin gets into the car and looks around subtly, clearly looking for me.

In hindsight I probably should've checked if it was unlocked or not. I gently tap on the window and he seems to get the message as he rolls down his window and speaks to Jungkook and Jin again.

"You guys don't need to wait, I've got to sort something out before leaving." Jimin fabricates an excuse on the spot.

"Oh what's wrong?" Jin questions.

"Nothing big, just an issue with the engine." Jimin answers slowly and unsurely.

"We can help, it will be quicker that way." His two friends kindly offer and I mentally face palm. Of course the one time they're nice is now.

"No honestly you guys go ahead, I can handle it." As I listen to Jimin's answer I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

1 New Message From Jiminie Cricket

He must be texting me whilst talking to them.

Jiminie Cricket: Go to the other side of the parking lot, I'll park near you and you can get in there.