Chapter 15 - JJ Project

"I told you not to come back." My dad says, his voice lacking emotion just as much as his expression. 

"It's been a couple of weeks." I timidly inform him, scared of the consequences.

"Come back after the weekend." He says before sitting back in his previous position.

I daren't argue and exit my supposed 'home' once again.  I don't know if I should be happy he didn't beat me up or worried. He seems inhuman, he looks like he's completely lost himself. 

I don't want to bother the Parks anymore, I know they said I'm always invited but I only just left, I couldn't burden them like that. So, of course, I travel the direct route straight to JB's house.

[...]

I knock on his door. 

"Heyyy." I greet my bestfriend as he opens the door and gestures for me to come in. 

"Woahh, why the suitcase?" he questions. I tell him everything and he happily allows me to stay here for the weekend. His parents are away apparently anyway because of their sick grandad which is why they keep leaving town recently.

"JB, what's taking you so long? Who was at the door?" An unknown voice comes from upstairs and soon an unknown boy/man enters the room. 

"Ahhh, sorry I forgot about you for a second." JB replies honestly. Obviously they're close then. 

The boy spots me and furrows his eyebrows, perplexed, looking at me as if I was from a different planet. I mimic the expression confused as to who this person is.

"Who is this?" The boy points his finger at me. 

"Ohhh, right." JB finally gets to the point, "This is Jinyoung and this is y/n. Remember each other?" He asks hopefully.

My eyes lighten as his do too, "Woahhh, Jinyoung Oppa?!" I question excited to see him again after all these years. 

He runs over to me and squashes me as he embraces me, "Y/n! It's been so long." 

Jinyoung has been JB's friend since they were both in diapers so a lot of the time when me and JB hung out at his place he would be there too, over that time we grew to be quite close but he moved away not long after the accident. Him and JB obviously kept in touch but me and him didn't, I suppose that's because he was always JB's friend.

"How come you're here anyway?" I ask. 

"Ohh, he's staying for the weekend as well if that's ok? We are working on our songs." JB informs me.

"Oh is she staying too?" Jinyoung questions before I can reply.

"Ermm..she wasn't suppose to be but if it's good with you then yeah, she kinda can't go home." JB fills him in without giving too many details. 

"Yeah, that's even better." Jinyoung assures us both. 

"Cool, I get it could be a bit awkward since we're older now and it's been a while since you two have seen each other." Our mutual friend blabbers.

"Nah, we may be older, but you two will always be 5 year olds in my eyes." I smirk trying to break the tensions slightly, and it works miracles. 

"Oi, we aren't the ones who always use to panic if we didn't have our favourite little teddy with us at all times." Jinyoung teases. 

"Hey! I was younger then." I fake pout.

We all laugh and joke for a bit, just catching up as it's been years since we were together as a 3.