Chapter 33 - Bowling

"Four." Jin tells the man behind the counter how many of us there are.

Honestly, coming and hanging out with BTS like we're friends feels really cool, even if there is only 3 of them.

The guy takes the money and tells us which lane we're located in. Luckily, we're all wearing appropriate shoes so we don't have to hire any. No one is in the lane next to ours so we have the whole section to ourselves.

Jimin begins to put in the names, as he does he smiles at me mischieviously. I scrunch my eyebrows, confused at the gesture until I see the names he's given everyone.

Jiminie Cricket:

Kim Shookjin the Madnae:

Jungcocky:

Potato Prodigy:

He's even made up a nickname for me that incorporates JB's nickname for me.

"Hey! Why did you have to do that?" Jungcocky complains whilst the rest of us laugh.

"Potato Prodigy huh?" I question, quite impressed.

He smirks, proud of his invention, "Well your nickname is already potato and you're a prodigy at being lazy sooo..."

"I'm impressed." I compliment the boy who looks like a puppy waiting to be given a treat for fetching a ball.

We start to play and they insist we keep the side railings down as its quote, 'too easy with the railings up'. They can clearly play...I on the other hand, cannot.

Jimin manages a spare on his first go, then Jin is only one off a spare, claiming "It's been ages since we came, I just need to warm up." to which Jimin replied, "It's been ages since any of us came, we're also warming up so you have no excuses."

I hope for Jungkook to fail miserably so that I don't seem as bad in comparison - I should've known not to get my hopes up as it's Mr Golden Boy who's naturally good at everything. I scoff in my head at the universe's favouritism. He gets a strike on the first round. Well shit!

Finally, it's my turn. I take the ball and slide my fingers into the right slots before slowly approaching the alley, contrasting to the three boys who ran up then bowled with perfect form.

I swing my arm back then forth and release my grip on the ball as it rolls at a reasonable pace towards the pins. I was proud of my turn because I got some speed, but I soon realise my ball falls off the side into the gutter until it eventually disappears, knocking zero pins down. 

Embarrassed, I daren't turn around and instead stand still, still staring at all 10 untouched pins. Abruptly, loud cackles come from behind me, as the boys laugh at my failed attempt to bowl.

I turn around, realising I can't stand here forever and go to sit down at the furthest point away from the 3, who now have tears in their eyes, and cover my red face.

"Don't worry Jin, you could be a professional compared to her." Jungcocky states, wiping his under eye.

"Do you want me to put the rails up for you y/n?" Jin asks, trying to be considerate, but being the stubborn person I am I refuse to give in. 

The cycle continues; Jimin gets a strike on his second go, Jin gets a spare and Jungkook gets a spare (1 off a strike) before it's my turn again. 

This time I change my tactic and try to copy them...unfortunately, everyone needs to find their own technique, that lead to the ball going backwards rather than forwards, and once again the 3 behind me find my torture so hilarious.