Chapter 8 - The Gift

Flustered and shaken I look around examining my surroundings, instantly calming at the familiarity of Jimin's room. This stupid nightmare won't leave me alone, I assume it's just because the anniversary is near, it always got harder around this time. I hope that's the only reason, I don't know how much longer I can survive this trauma. 

I am drawn out of my head when a voice resonates throughout the air in the room, "Y/n? What the fuck? Why aren't you sleeping?"

"Oh sorry, did I wake you? It's nothing just go back to sleep." A tinge of guilt runs through my body.

He squints at me half out of curiosity and half out of sleepiness before giving in and turning around to settle down again. I hear heavy breaths exiting his mouth indicating he's asleep again.

I also roll over and attempt to get some more rest, it takes a while but eventually sleep finds me.

[...]

Here I am in this ordinary, day to day situation. I am strewn across the floor in agony as 7 menacing boys enjoy taking their anger out on my fragile body. 

"I saw your boyfriend returned the other day." Jhope states his voice lined with amusement, "He seemed to think he has some sort of power over us, make sure he sees you in this state to remind him who's boss." It disgusts me when they call JB my boyfriend because I see him as a brother.

I sometimes question his nickname 'J-hope', when he's around me I see no sense of hope for my life behind his eyes. 

Suga delivers one last kick to my abdomen causing me to grunt in pain but I bite my tongue knowing full well they get encouraged when they hear the pain leave my mouth. Thankfully my lack of will power goes unnoticed and they leave me alone at the sound of the bell. Almost everyday I am literally 'saved by the bell'.

Knowing I won't be able to get up for a while, I harshly clamp down on the skin on my arms, mentally cursing the nightmares. I'm getting less sleep because of them, making me weaker, hence why I'm struggling more than usual today.

[...]

After another 45 minutes I am still lying on the floor in the same position. 

Hesitantly, I muster up the energy to pull my body up from the ground because the bell will go soon and I don't want other students finding me in that vulnerable position. 

I stumble through the school making my way to my second period so I'm already there when the bell goes. I dodge the dirty looks people are shooting my way at the sight of the visible bruises and hues present of my face.

[...]

Finally the draining day has come to an end. I exit the dull building, yearning to feel the comfort of Jimin's bed encasing my body. 

Unfortunately, luck was not on my side as I can hear 7 malevolent boys beckoning me over to them. I hesitate. 

Do I make a run for it and try to get out? That would only lead to harsher punishments other days though, that is if I even escaped. They could run after me, they're a lot faster after all. I contemplate for a while, watching as their patience grows thin. Deciding I can't bare anymore of it today, I dash toward the school gate, betting my chances against the devils.

It was as if time slowed down as I prayed to god I could make it out alive. My glare fell onto the boys running after me, this only fueled my need to get out of there as I know if I gave up now, there was a high possibility I wouldn't come out the other side.

I keep running glancing back every so often to see them on my tail, gradually closing the gap between us. Soon I realise I'm headed for Jimin's house as that's the direction I naturally head in now, but that would blow our cover. I bite my lip and turn around to see Jimin and Jungkook very close. I stare at them with wide eyes almost asking Jimin where I should go.