Chapter 32 - Jeon Jungkook

As I approach the worn down house, I spot the decaying walls and parts of the roof that have collapsed in on itself. The strong smell of weed prominently lingers in the air. I go towards the front door, passing through my old garden, empty bottles lay strewn across the lawn and all the plants are dead.

We didn't have loads of money, but the house was always looked after and the garden was kept looking alive and welcoming. We didn't let the area we lived in affect our lifestyle, clearly that's changed.

I go to knock, but as soon as my hand comes into contact with the wooden, splintered door it opens, groaning as it does due to it's lack of use.

Cautiously, I enter, recognising the familiar walls and surroundings from my reoccurring nightmare, despite it being only a ghoust of what it use to be.

"Dad?" I squeak.

I get no reply, so carry on up the stairs that creak under the pressure from my weight. A bang noise, forces me to halt. Before I have the chance to move again, my dad stumbles out from my old bedroom.

"Y/n?" He questions, his voice quiet rather than the harsh tone I've grown use to over the years.

I hum in response still wary of the man in front of me.

"Will you help me?" He mumbles.

"With what? Why were you in my room?" I interrogate, feeling more sure of myself.

He lets out a dramatic sigh, "Since you left I've been doing a lot of thinking, things need to stop." It's only now I notice his hand shaking, "I want to quit." He gets straight to the point.

"What?" I whisper, in disbelief.

"Enough is enough. It's been 7 years..." He trails off towards the end of the phrase, "I'm checking myself into a rehab facility, to get the help I need."

Tear build up, brimming my eyes, "Seriously?" I triple check.

He nods, "I'm sorry, for not being there for you, it was a hard time for you as well and I just made it more difficult."

I shake my head and sniff, "No, it's fine. You were struggling, I get it." 

He gives me a sad smile, "So will you help me? I just need to pack a few last things and then would you mind seeing me off?"

"Of course!" I answer, crying tears of joy and relief.

[...]

After gathering his bags and items in silence, apart from the occasional exchange, we head out and get the bus to the facility, since I don't have a drivers license and he's in no condition to drive. It takes about 2 hours to arrive at the destination and once we do I walk him inside.

"Hello, are you checking in today?" An uninterested lady asks from behind the counter.

"I am." My dad replies solemnly.

The lady tells him to follow her and that they have already set everything he will need up for him. She then proceeds to hand me a leaflet with all the information on, including visiting days and times.

"I'll come visit." I reassure.

"Thank you. Where have you been staying this whole time? Are you living well?" Dad asks, his eyes holding worry.

"Yes, I've been staying with the Parks, they said I can stay as long as I like, you saw Jimin a couple of times remember?"

He appears to think for a moment before answering, "Sorry, I don't remember much from the past 3 to 4 years, it's all kind of hazy. I'm glad you're safe though, tell Mr and Mrs Park that I'm sorry for any trouble I've caused and that I thank them for taking good care of you. I trust them."