Chapter 35 - Min Yoongi

After thanking the nurse and putting down the phone I direct my attention towards Sug- I mean Yoongi, "We need to go, your mum's woken up at XXX Hospital."

His eyes instantly expand with alert and eagerness and he moves faster than I've ever seen him before. I follow him, not wanting him to get into a car accident from driving too fast because he's rushing.

I walk outside in a hurry trying to keep up with him and I see the engine started as he's about to drive off.

"Yoongi, wait!" I shout so I can come with him.

He huffs but doesn't argue too preoccupied with seeing his mother, "Arghhh, fine just hurry up and get in."

Rapidly, I flop into the passenger seat of his car and haven't even shut the door before he bolts off.

I put my seat belt on and look over to see he's not wearing his. When we stop at a red light I tell him to fasten his, to which he complies reluctantly. As soon as the light goes green he speeds off again, leaving a cloud of ashy smoke behind.

"Slow down." I instruct, already feeling the wheels starting to slide as he's losing control.

Yoongi being Yoongi doesn't listen and if anything only increases the pace.

"Seriously Yoongi! Slow down, you're going to crash, then we won't even make it to the hospital." At this he holds back slightly but he's still going way over the limit and what's safe to drive.

I sigh, "Yoongi, your mum is fine. The doctor said she's awake and doing well, you don't need to rush. Your mum would rather you took your time and got to her safely than put your life at risk."

Hearing my reassuring words he slows down drastically to a sensible speed but still in a hurry to get there, which I completely understand.

[...]

Due to his reckless driving we arrive shortly and we both run into the white building, Yoongi asks for his mum at the desk and when he finds out the room number we bolt it to the room, almost knocking a few people over on the way.

The room comes into sight and I slow down to wait outside, giving them their privacy, as he wastes no time in heading straight inside. I stare at the clear number on the door '1003', relieved that no serious long-term damage was done.

I'm out here for another half an hour before Yoongi returns, but I don't mind waiting, happy that they're both ok.

As he walks out of the room he seems to hesitate before speaking, debating whether to be casual or rude, he chooses the first to my relief, "Hey." He greets.

"Hey." I respond, wanting to ask how she is but not wanting to cross any lines.

Sensing my urge to ask he informs me, "She's fine. They're going to keep her here for a few days to make sure she recovers well but other than that she's ok."

I release a breath I didn't even realise I was holding at the good news.

"Umm..you can go now, I'll come back to Jimin's when I'm done here and we can talk about that whole situation." 

I nod my head and bite my lips from the nerves returning at the thought of the essential conversation that will take place later. As I start to leave he hollers me making me halt my steps.

"T-thanks, by the way..." He fades out, uncomfortable with the phrase. 

I smile, grateful of the appreciation.

[...]

I sit at home, anticipating any of the boys arrivals. I hear the door being opened and stand up out of reflex. Not long after Yoongi walks in.