Chapter 24 - Why you?

Me, JB and Jinyoung enjoy the rest of the evening.

Jinyoung yawns resulting in me checking the time 12:32am.

"Hey, it's getting pretty late, do you want to go to sleep?" I ask the two worn out boys.

"Mmm, I think that's a good idea." Jinyoung agrees.

"Yeah, especially if we're going to go to the fair tomorrow." JB chimes in.

We get ready then all go to our dedicated rooms, me and JB in one and Jinyoung in JB's parent's room.

"Are you sure you're ok to hold my hand?" I question, not wanting to disturb his sleep which he so desperately needs.

"Of course I am. Y/n, I'm your best friend. If Jimin can do it, I definitely can." We both giggle at his comment.

Reassured, we both settle down and soon fall into slumber, my fingers delicately weaved with his.

(Please read this nightmare, it's slightly different again and a very important part to the plot. Thank you!)

The familiar screams capture my mind, sending me into a trance. I feel compelled to find the source. I tear my body away from the warmth of my bed and walk through the welcoming, homely house.

I can't help but feel like something is missing, I clasp my left hand within my right one. My hand feels almost empty, as if a warmth use to be there that no longer exists. Why though? It's only my hand. I push the instinct aside and approach the front of the house.

I go onto my tiptoes to reach for the lock on the door that towers over me as I'm only 10 years old. Opening the door the screams grow louder, almost deafening. The voice of the women holds a certain familiarity keeping me on edge. I am all alone as I face the next revelation with no comfort from anyone or anything.

Abruptly, all my actions halt as the image before me gets revealed. I feel my breathing hitch and my pulse drastically increase.

It can't be? This isn't real, it needs to not be real!

I'm now wishing I had never left the comfort of my own bed. I wish someone would just hold my hand and tell me it's ok.

I drop to my knees, a numb feeling engulfing my body. Tears I didn't even know were there are now streaming down my face.

There, right infront of me, is my mother. My precious mother, lifeless. Her eyes half ajar and blood running all down her face. She's dead. She's actually dead.

Suddenly an aching feeling runs through my veins, it's agony, it's heartbreak. The pain is excruciating, quickly becoming unbearable.

I scream.

[...]

"Y/N!" I harshly sit up at the sound of my name being yelled.

JB and Jinyoung enter my vision but my sight is blurry from the wells building up in my eye sockets and my breathing is ragged.

"Y/n...ok...why..." The audio keeps fading in and out and nothing's clear.

I'm not calming down, I can't calm down. Why didn't it work? JB was holding my hand, why couldn't I feel it like I normally do? What was different? These thoughts are what are preventing me from relaxing, the barrier stopping me from escaping this hyperventilation.

Whilst I am panicking Jinyoung and JB are at a loss.

3rd Person POV:

"What do we do?!" Jinyoung asks anxious and freaking out.