Chapter 16 - Jimin Hotel?

I avoid the worn down building for as long as possible and realise I have prolonged the inevitable as much as I can. I trudge down the dark alley ways weaving my way between the overgrown weeds and dodgy dealings taking place here and there.

From pesonal experience, I know to keep my head down and not make eye contact with anyone. Unfortunately, this lead me to bump into someone, which is something not on the agenda for today. Knowing I could possibly have just sold my life away I mumble a quick apology and sprint away not daring to look back. 

Luckily, it soon seems that no one followed me and my petty self can live another day. 

"Y/n!" Someone calls out for me. 

I turn to face the known voice to see Jimin to my surprise. 

"Oh, hey?" It comes out as more of  question that the tone I was aiming for, "Why are you here?"

"Umm..I just wanted to make sure you weren't dead, well my mum did." He scratches the back of his neck.

"Well, I'm fine. I've not actually been home yet. I stayed at a friends because dad told me to not come back for the weekend." I'm normally more conservative but he basically knows my whole life story anyways. 

"So you stayed at JB's because he's your only friend." He states smugly. 

I hate to admit it but he's right, do I tell him that tho? Of course...not, "Yah! I have loads of really cool friends. JB is just the only one you guys know about." I lie. 

"Sureee." His sarcasm is thriving, "Anyway, if your dad still isn't kind, why don't you just come back to mine?" 

"Thanks for the offer, but I can't avoid him forever even if I wanted to. And I don't want to make things any harder for your parents." Notice how I deliberately didn't mention him in that sentence.

His eyes flicker with anger before he resumes his composure, "Seriously? You've seen my place. We have enough rooms for you and enough money, we basically have nothing else to spend it all on so you may as well take advantage of the situation." He persuades.

I huff, conflicted, "I mean, I guess. But are you sure it's ok?" I pause then furrow my eyebrows suspiciously, "Wait! If you had loads of spare bedrooms this whole time why have I been staying in your room?" 

He laughs, "Are you that stupid?! Of course we had other bedrooms. We have so many rooms we don't know what to do with some of them." Now he's just flexing, "And you slept in my room because we had no blankets or anything for the other rooms, but we can easily buy you some if you choose to come back."

A bitter taste enters my mouth as his rant and boasting isn't settling well in my stomach.

"I'll think about it." I say. Realistically I have already decided to go back there as long as it's not too much hassle for them but I am in no mood to agree with Jimin at the moment.

"Okkk, well why you think can you show me where that shop is?" He inquires, quieter than usual but I pretend not to notice.

I smirk slightly, "Fine, come on." 

[...]

I lead him to the street which is filled with bright, beckoning lights. It's about the same time I came last time so the shop should still be open. 

I spot the dimly lit store once again and gesture to it for Jimin to see. 

"So that's where you got it?" He mutters, more to himself than anyone else.

"Yep." I pop the 'p'.

He grabs my arm gently, something I'm not use to with him and pulls me in the direction of the antique shop, "Come on! Let me just look into the window." He chimes like an excited child.