Chapter 29 - Up Close and Personal

*For people that have forgotten the dance it's above ;) Just imagine it with a lot more eye contact especially during the partner sections rather than her looking at the camera.*

*Scroll^^ Trust ME!*

After routinely waking up from the nightmare me and Jimin get ready and go straight to the dance studio.

"Ok, today is the last day so we need to make sure we look like we 'have a connection'" He states and I nod. 

He turns the music on and we get into position. Our moves flow together more and my body automatically responds to the beats, indicating to me we are pretty much ready. 

We get to the more chilled out part in the middle of the dance and we're facing each other but I look down still struggling to look him in the eye so he lightly holds my chin and lifts my head, forcing eye contact. The action makes my stomach swirl with butterflies and I gulp. 

We continue the dance without mistake until the end when he lifts me up and slowly lowers me back onto my feet, as this happens we are meant to gaze at each other intensely, but I fail once again. 

The song ends as does our dance.

"That was good but you need to look into my eyes, especially at the end." He corrects me.

I groan, "I know but it's easier said than done." 

"Ok, just imagine I'm the guy you like." He suggests, "When you look at me pretend you're looking at whoever your crush is." 

I like you, you idiot! That's why this is so hard, because it's intimidating and doing this with you makes me blush and get all nervous and excited. 

Did I just think I like him? I mean do I? I guess, up to a point. It's just a stupid crush, I'll get over it. I convince myself.

"Ok, good advice, I'll try it." I reply to get him off my back, "Let's go again."

We start all over again and this time it all comes together. I took his advice, before I was thinking of him as a dance partner but now I'm thinking of him as the guy I like. As we do all the intimate moves our gazes hold perfectly, with so much emotion. My heart speeds up as I see the look in his eyes, the way he's looking at me, no one else, just me. As the dance ends, our stares meet again, as we both look at each other seductively. It seems so wrong but so right at the same time. The music fades out and my feet touch the ground again, but my eyes linger on him as he turns away, as he breaks character. 

"That was so much better. Who is the guy?" He questions with a smirk on his face.

Flustered I look away, "Wouldn't you like to know." The confident phrase doesn't sound so bold coming from me.

"Anyway, that was perfect. If we do it like that tomorrow, we should get a good grade." 

We run it a few more times, with just as much intensity before calling it a day. 

[...]

I've showered and got changed out of the sweaty clothes and take this chance to call JB.

"Heyy." I greet.

"Hi." 

We talk about anything and everything and I even open up about my possible feelings for Jimin.

"It doesn't surprise me." He says, "I could tell as soon as we saw him with you the other night."

"Am I really that obvious?" I grumble.

"Kinda yeah." He replies bluntly, "But I doubt he knows."

"Really?" I shout hopefully.

"Yeah, people can always tell who someone's crush is unless it's them." He informs me.