Chapter 37 - A Hangover to Remember

I squint as the head-splitting light comes into view. I groan whilst letting my eyes adjust.

"Morning." I hear a smug sounding Jimin greeting me.

I look in his direction ignoring him, "What time is it?"

"1pm." 

My eyes widen, "Why didn't you wake me? It's so late."

He chuckles, "After last night, I thought you would want some more rest." 

At that all the embarrassing memories flood my head and I cringe, I was basically throwing myself at him! 

"Oh god!" I hide my beetroot coloured face behind my hands. 

"Don't worry about it...Y/n." He laughs as I raise my eyebrows and widen my eyes at his mockery, "What? Do you like it when I say your name? Does my accent make it sound nice?" He repeats what I said last night.

"Yah! Park Jimin!" I scold which he seems unbothered by and instead only laughs harder. 

Momentarily I forget my anger as I watch him fully letting go and just laughing, such a basic action but one I very rarely see him do. I listen intently to the high melodic sounds he makes and try to memorise them, I never want to forget this moment. I stare at his bright smile that instantly ignites a feeling of joy within me. What makes this moment especially special is that I caused his happiness right now, I want to see him like this more, and I want to be the reason for it.

I can't help but giggle with him until we both calm down.

"Thanks." I say.

"For what?" He asks.

I roll my eyes already cringing at my sentimental gesture, "For taking care of me last night, you could've just left me or got annoyed but you didn't."

"You didn't give me much of a choice when you came shouting for me in the VIP area." He jokes.

"Ahhh, shut up." I internally scream at myself for that. 

"I don't blame you, if I were a girl I would look for me too." He states smugly with his signature smirk painted across his face.

I stay silent, my mind wandering to other questions, like does he know about my feelings for him? Is he bothered by them? And how does he feel? I wince as my headache catches up to me. 

Jimin notices and holds up a bottle of a weird green liquid.

"What's that?" I inquire, not sure if he's trying to help me or poison me.

"Hangover juice, it tastes like vomit but it's worth it because it will get rid of that hangover in an hour tops." 

I raise my brow at the bottle and narrow my eyes at the boy in front of me still not trusting his concoction, but take it nevertheless. 

As I'm about to open the bottle to drink it he stops me, "Just don't smell it.". Great. 

I unscrew the cap and don't inhale through my nose as instructed and sigh once before just getting it over and done with. I try chugging it but get only a few gulps in before I have to stop from fear of throwing up. The repulsive taste lingers on my lips and in my mouth.

"Keep going, it won't kill you." Jimin encourages in his own way. 

I look at him with pleading eyes but his expression doesn't budge even an inch, so I continue in my quest to finish the liquid that I refuse to call a drink. The bitter flavour of I-don't-even-know-what takes over my senses again but I force myself to keep going. I gag, making me stop but look to see I only have the last bit to get through. Jimin brings a bottle of water into view, giving me the strength to take the final sprint. Finally I pass the finish line and I can practically feel the ribbon clinging to my waist as I slow my pace gradually.