Chapter 12 - Hope?

She's dead. She's actually dead.

Suddenly an aching feeling runs through my veins, it's agony, it's heartbreak. The pain is excruciating, quickly becoming unbearable.

I scream.

[...]

Routinely, I shoot up and try to calm myself down.

"Y/n? Are you having nightmares again?" A sleepy Jimin pops up next to me.

I catch myself admiring him even at this hour, there's no denying he's dreamy, he rubs his clear doll-like skin and his hair is sticking up in different directions. Cute. BUT he's also the biggest dickhead to ever live.

At this point I am welcoming any means of comfort even if it is coming from Jimin so I hum in response, not wanting to appear overly enthusiastic to answer him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He inquires, yawning and rubbing his eyes trying to make himself feel more awake.

I frown at this, I've never actually told anyone exactly what happens in the dream or spoken about it in depth.

"It could help?" He adds, sensing my confliction.

"Ok." I speak to him for the first time since the incident, if he's willing to listen and help maybe he earns forgiveness.

I begin explaining in detail everything that happens in the dream and telling him how it makes me feel and he just listens intently, not making fun, not seeming bored or uninterested, just listening.

"It's weird," I say, "No matter how many times I relive the nightmare, I always feel like I'm actually there. I never remember that I've lived the moment over thousands of times and I never remember what awaits me behind the door. It's only once I wake up that everything from that time comes flooding back. It's like I am 10 again."

"Maybe it's because your mind is actually reliving the moment so that part of your brain is stuck in the past as that 10 year old girl." Jimin suggests.

"No, that can't be it because what else is weird is that this never actually happened." As I inform him of this his eyebrows scrunch together.

"What?" He asks in disbelief.

"The accident happened far away from my house and I didn't actually hear her screams. I did see the scene with the flipped car but that was after my mum had been taken to hospital so I never saw her in the car, but I did see her later in the hospital. When I got there I was told she died instantly and I saw her bloody, lifeless, pale face laying in the hospital bed."

"It's almost like your mind has taken the jumbled fragments of the accident and put them together to form your worst nightmare, literally." He mutters, "But I'm no expert, maybe you should go to see a therapist or something."

I simply shake my head, "Nah, if I defeated it once I can definitely do it again."

"Do you have any idea why it's come back?" He questions.

"I think it might be because the anniversary was approaching, but I also suspect it might be because I'm spending time with you and your family again, it brings back old memories and I feel closer to my mum than I have in years." I state content.

After a long pause of silence between us he comments, "When is the anniversary?"

"In two days." I sigh, not realising how quickly it has snuck up on me.

We end up talking for the majority of the night about anything and everything, neither of us feeling tired anymore.

Having run out of pointless topics to converse about we watch the slow sunrise, the breath-taking view making a small smile creep onto my lips as I admire the swirls of oranges and pinks bless the sky with their presence. It's the little things in life.

"Hey, I've been meaning to open your present but I never got the chance, can I do it now? Or do you want it back?" Jimin breaks the comfortable silence.

I stiffen at his words, I didn't want him to open it infront of me.

"No, it's fine you can keep it, if you want to when you open it."

I grimace as he pulls the small package from one of his drawers and I add, "Please don't judge me." as he tears the paper away delicately.

The golden box lay in his hands now completely raw and on show, he stares at it. He looks as if he's in a trance similar to the spell it cast over me when I first saw it. I find myself complelled to it again but hold back, anxious to hear his opinion.

A tug at the corners of his mouth calms my nerves slightly, but I'm still not satisfied.

"I wandered what you meant in the note when you wrote, 'you use to be into this stuff'." He chuckles, "To be honest it's refreshing to recieve something like this, all I get now is a bunch of modern stuff I already own." This makes me remember when he told me he liked antique things because of their meaning and story, back then it wasn't hard to believe but if I didn't know Jimin back then and he told me now, I wouldn't even be able to comprehend it.

I feel my aprehension melt away.

"Thanks." He averts his gaze, clearly uncomfortable at the new persona.

"It's fine."

"What is it? Like what is it's story?" He inquires, I smirk remembering how he always use to be so interested on the history of things. I personally never understood his fascination but I embraced it.

"Honestly, I don't know that much about it. But the shop and lady I got it from had a weird vibe." I explain the story of how I obtained the obscure object and what she said about it how it 'has never been opened' and 'maybe if he has everything he needs he will be able to open it'.

He raises a single brow, "Hmm, it would be cool to visit the shop and the lady."

"I could show you where it is one day if you want." He just nods in reply.

The tranquil atmosphere returns and I look outside to see the sun significantly higher than it had been earlier.

The peaceful aroma is mercilessly killed by the dreaded sound of Jimin's alarm. Ughhh, I forgot we had college today.

[...]

I begrudginly trudge to school and sigh exasperatedly when the towering building comes into view.

As if my life wasn't amazing enough my presence is noticed by 7 famous people. My face is still swollen from mine and Jimin's little encounter.

"If it isn't our favourite chew toy." Jin's malicious voice causes my whole body to shiver as I get roughly pressed against the school gates.

"Jimin got his revenge for the little marathon you made us run the other day but we still haven't had our come uppence." Suga mumbles in a low tone only audible to me and the rest of BTS.

"Come on guys, cut her some slack. I mean look at her she's still recovering from the last punishment and that was only one of us. I don't want to kill her off, I quite like having a little toy to take my anger out on." Jimin interferes.

My eyes shift to his but he's not looking at me. I can't help but wander if he's doing this because he feels bad for what he did to me, or if it's legitametly because of the reasoning he just said? Or maybe, just maybe, he doesn't hate me and doesn't want me to get beat up?

Is this a sign of hope?...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote and comment! :) Do you think he's warming up to her?

Hey guys!

Thank you for taking the time to read this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it.

I feel like the plot has finally really taken off now and I'm excited for where this book will lead.

Thank you - Bangtanxxo