Chapter 31 - The Beginning of the End

"See you in a few days." Jimin says as him and Jin make a rushed exit out of the grand front doors, the younger leaving packing until the last minute definitely left the two running around frantically this morning. 

"Bye." I reply as the door slams without another word exchanged. 

For a few minutes I fail to move, processing these first two days without Jimin in a while. I reassured him I would be fine sleeping on my own these two nights as I don't get nightmares anymore, but that isn't entirely true. 

Since the anniversary passed, the nightmares have gradually toned down to what they were before; they still happen the same however I always sense Jimin's presence in my left hand, reminding me not all is as it seems. However, when I wake up I never scream, nor do I make much noise of any kind and after sitting up I keep my movement to a minimum as to not wake the sleeping boy next to me. But for the next two nights, I won't have that reassurance.

"Miss y/n?" Megan, the maid, brings me from my trance.

"Oh, sorry." I whisper.

She questions if I'm ok, which I brush off and go to my room.

[...]

"Oh my god!! I'm so happy for him." I exclaim to JB.

"I know, he was so nervous and I assured him it's fine." 

"So..." I push for details, "How did he find out? Is there a particular boy he's interested in?" 

JB laughs, "I think there is but he won't tell me who." 

"What?! You're his best friend since diapers. Who else is he going to tell?" I giggle at Jinyoung's constant stubbornness and secrecy.

"Well we can get it out of him tomorrow when we go to his house." 

"Yes! Great idea, I'm 100% on board to find out who made our Jinyoungie find out he's gay."

We both chuckle and agree before ending the 3 hour long phone call that started at 3pm. 

"Y/n, dinner's ready." Mrs Park beckons me.

I put my phone on charge then make my way down to the dining table to see Mr and Mrs Park already sat down. I smile at them then take my place as we all begin to tuck into the mouth watering, luxurious food. 

"This is delicious." I compliment, knowing Mrs Park cooked today. 

"Thank you." She beams before changing the subject, "Will you be ok the next couple of nights?" 

I hesitate before answering, "Yes, I should be fine. I rarely get the nightmares anymore, and when I do they aren't anything I can't handle."

"Yes but Jimin was always there with you during those nights." Mr Park points out.

"I know, but I can't keep him from hanging out with his friends, it's just something I need to learn to deal with - he can't always be here with me." I lightly laugh to make the topic less serious.

Mr Park smiles at me, "We know, it can't be helped. We're just worried about you is all." 

I don't reply and instead continue to eat.

[...]

I sigh, clambering into the large bed that feels abnormally empty tonight. Although it's only 10:30, I have decided to get an early night as my sleep schedule is always interrupted by my mid-night wakings; and it's boring on my own. In his absence, I've realised the extent to which he impacted my life. 

As I lay here, waiting for my body to succumb to the need to sleep, I find myself thinking about a certain blonde haired boy - only about Jimin. The way he would snuggle into the duvet when he got into bed, the way the bed would sink as he rested his full weight onto the mattress, and the way his soft hand felt entangled with mine. I miss him, more than I thought I would. This is only further developing my feelings for him: you don't know what you have until it's gone.