Chapter 17 - Panic Attack

I scream.

[...]

Desperately, I reach out for the familiar hand beside me, trying to find any means of comfort to calm down my panicked mind. When my attempts prevail to nothing I feel my nerves grow and the blood pumping through my body. 

I look around remembering where I am, which also explains why Jimin's hand wasn't there when I tried to grab it, however, I'm passed the point of being able to calm myself down. I know I need to touch something, something that will bring me back to reality and separate my nightmare from my present, but my body is frozen and I can't move. 

I don't want to waken the Parks but the anxiety I feel is becoming unbearable as it takes control so I try to scream, at least to grab someone's attention, but I can't even move my mouth let alone create any noise.

As I realise that I am all alone and no one can help me, including myself, the fear in me increases and dark splurges creep into my vision, slowing blocking my sight, only creating more panic. Soon I feel myself go limp as the darkness completely consumes me.

[...]

"She will be fine, she just needs to rest." An unknown, authoritative voice speaks assuringly.

Using up all the strength I can find I tear my eyes open before being forced to squint as a blinding light comes into view, opposing the darkness I had been in merely a few seconds prior. 

"She's awake! Y/n? Can you hear me?"  A concerned voice overpowers the brightness as I trun my head to face the female that called out to me.

I breathe heavily and smile as much as I can at Mrs Park, who appears to sigh a breath of relief.

"What happened?" I speak but my voice is hoarse and raw. 

"Everything's fine, I went to wake you up in the morning because I realised you weren't downstairs and Jimin had already left for school but you didn't respond nor wake up so I called an ambulance worried it was something serious but the doctors said you fainted from a panic attack." She filled me in.

"Oh, I'm sorry to have worried you." I say slowly getting to grips with speech again as my voice loosens up.

"Don't worry about it, I'm just glad you're ok. Here have a drink." She passes me the glass of water conveniently placed on the chest next to the uncomfy bed I am currently lying in. I sit up and gratefully accept the drink.

"I called Young-Ho (Jimin's father) to tell him you were ok, because he was in quite a shock too when I told him you were unresponsive. I also rang Jimin to tell him the situation because he was unaware that you had passed out but I told him not to worry as it was only a panic attack and you just need to rest." She repeats the doctors words.

I take a sip from the drink, savouring the heavenly sensation of the liquid running down my throat. "Can I be discharged now?" I ask mannerly.

Mrs Park glances at the doctor waiting for him to answer my question. He shows us a welcoming grin, "Of course. We ran some tests just to be sure and you are fine, you will be completely recovered after a chilled out day." 

I thank him and bow before exiting with Mrs Park, who then proceeds to drive me home. I mean to their house.

"Mrs Park didn't you have work today?" I inquire, fully aware of how taxing her job is, especially as she plays a very important role in keeping the company running.

"Yes, but I can take the day off to look after you, it's no trouble." She smiles.

I glance at the clock to see it's only 11:30am, "Oh no, I don't need you to stay at the house with me, I wouldn't want you to take the day off for me."