Get Your Lunch On

Dedicated to GigiakaGorgeous

Blossom's POV

"YOU ALMOST KISSED JEVAN HOLLEN?" both Nina and Sophia asked at the same time when I told them about Jevan's rescue last Friday night after the game.

It was now Monday and we were heading to our last class before lunch.

As we rounded the corner, books in hands, I walked into a wall.. Or at least I thought it was a wall.

I stumbled backwards, books spilling from my arms as I almost hit the floor. I was caught just in the nick of time and stabled back to my feet.

"Damn. I'm so sorry. I'm rushing to practice and I didn't see you. Are you okay?"

"I bet she is now," Nina answered in her usual teasing manner. Sophia giggled softly besides her before turning her head to avert her eyes.

"It's... It's.. Okay," I stuttered. There was a lingering electricity on my arm where he had caught me. My heart raced around in my chest that I thought it would move to another part of my body.

"Let me make it up to you. Sit with me at lunch?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck as his eyes filled with hope.

I heard when both my friends gasped but they played it off as if they had been minding their own business all along.

"Your friends are invited too," he added quickly when I looked to them for approval. They nodded yes.

"Okay. See you at lunch," I responded.

"Awesome," he said and continued on his way.

A squealing Nina and Sophia ran towards me.

"OMG. I can't believe we're invited to sit with Jevan at lunch."

"I think he's starting to like you, Blossom."

"What? No. Jevan is just being nice," I covered but I was bursting with delight internally.

"Why is he being nice to you though? It's not like he owes you anything," Nina said and we started our walk to class again.

_____________

I couldn't focus in class. I kept daydreaming about Jevan and his lips, how close it was to mine and how it would have been to have kiss him in his car.

______

Eventually, the bell rang, ending class and starting lunch. I leaped from my seat and rushed through the door and met my friends in the halls. Together, we walked into the cafeteria.

There was no sign of Jevan anywhere.

Sophia, Nina and I joined the food line and simultaneously selected our food and cast our eyes out to locate Jevan.

Still no sign of him.

"I can't believe he would stoop so low," Nina frowned as she stabbed her fork into a bed of salad. The meals today were not tasty.

"Let's give him the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe he's caught up in practice. You know that coach is a pain in the ass," Sophia said.

I was silent as a lamb. Too hurt to speak.

"Excuse me. Nina, Sophia and Blossom, right?" a voice came from behind us at our table. It was one of Jevan's friends.

"Yes," we answered.

"Follow me," he said.

We picked our food trays up.

"Leave the trays and just follow me," he said again.