What You Don't Know

Jevan's POV

My fingers drummed on the desk top as I watched the time skip by on my Rolex.

It was Friday and I had a decision to make. Would I take Jason to his dance or join my fiancee's afternoon dinner with the wedding planner?

I almost leaped from my own skin when the door was pushed open unannounced.

In walked Adobi with an extra cheerful smile plastered on her face.

"Baby, I couldn't wait for us to meet Gabrielle. She's one of the best wedding planner in L.A. She even plans wedding for celebrities. I'm certain you'll like her," she babbled on.

"I'm sure I will, but something came up and I won't be able to make it," I broke it to her.

"Something more important than our wedding?" Her cheerful was swept away.

"I'm sorry," I apologised.

"Jevan, is there something you're not telling me? Is there something you wish to get off your chest because I'm really starting to believe that you don't want to get married to me. Why are you making excuses after excuses to get away from the preparations of our big day? Tell me!"

"Adobi, I know this is frustrating..."

"You don't know what frustrating is!" she yelled and tears slipped from her eyes. "I went through all this trouble to get a high-end wedding planner and you can't even show up for one fucking meal?"

She was livid. She even pushed me away when I tried to huge her and she stormed out of the office afterwards.

I raked my fingers through my hair and went to my office shower, took a bath, changed into a casual outfit from the wardrobe and went to get Jason.

The feeling in the pit of my stomach was unexplainable when I knocked on Blossom's apartment door, but I knew I was happy with what I was doing for Jason.

After a few more seconds, Blossom appeared.

"Come on in. Thank you so much for coming," she said and allowed me to enter. "Jason! Jevan is here!"she called.

"I'm in the kitchen. I want chips!" he called back.

"No chips, Jason. Get out here!"Blossom demanded.

I was certain Jason was pouting from where he was. I went to the kitchen and found him with folded arms.

"Hey buddy

"Hey buddy. Are you ready to go to the dance?" I asked him. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Yes."

I took his hand and went back to Blossom.

"If there's any emergency, please call me. And have him back home at nine."

She inputted her number into my phone, kissed Jason and told him to be a good boy before we left.

______