Trail Of Fire

Blossom's POV

Slowly, consciousness favored me. My eyes opened, peering at the familiar bedroom that felt like a shithole now.

I climbed out of the bed and went to the bathroom mirror. Turning on the light, I saw a bruised, battered and bloodied young woman's reflection, staring right at me. That woman was me.

What happened to me?

My shaking, fearful fingers touched my face. My eyes were swollen, my mouth was bursted, my face was covered in bruises. I looked as if I had been ran over by a wreckless driver. I looked terrible.

Tears streamed down my face. Makeup couldn't cover this up and a part of me felt like I had done enough covering up.

A knock came to the front entrance door to the mansion. I knew Hunter was already gone and I wasn't expecting any visitors.

I reached for sunglasses and a scarf. I covered up my face as best as I could before going to the door.

"Hunter! Is Hunter here?" a woman asked and allowed herself in as soon as I opened the door to her.

"No. Who are you?" I asked her.

She turned to me. "Darling, has he not mentioned his own mother, Janet? And who are you?"

"He didn't mention you. And I'm Blossom. Hunter's...."

"Please don't tell me you're his girlfriend," she rudely cut me off, "And what are you wearing, sweetie, you're indoors."

I remained silent, lowering my head and looking at the floor, wishing it could come alive and swallow me up.

Hunter's mother realized and took pity on me. "Sweetie, sit down," she gestured.

I sat. She sat across from me.

"You seem like such a weak, little thing. Perfect features for Hunter to prey upon. You have no idea what kind of person he is. He's sick and filled with hate ever since he was a child.

It had gotten so bad, we had to send him away. But being as he's my only child, I still love him and tried to help him.

Has he ever mentioned his ex-fiancee?"

"He was engaged?" I asked.

"Yes. Annabelle was so sweet until he started putting his hands on her. And I can bet if I remove your sunglasses and that scarf, I would see a beaten young lady."

I didn't wait until she asked. I removed the two items and looked her dead in the eye.

She resembled Hunter with the color of their hair and their luminous green eyes.

"My word! Sweetie, why are you allowing this to happen to you?" she asked, coming over to my side.

"I don't know. At first, he appeared to be so kind and caring and loving. But then he changed. He shouts at me, calls me names and then he hits me," I cried.

"Do you value your life?"

"Mine and my son's."

"You have a child?"

"I do. His name is Jason. He's six."

"Listen to me. If you want to see your little boy grow up to become a handsome man, you've got to leave Hunter right now. Don't waste another day.

I'm here. I can help you grab some stuff. Do you have a friend who can come get you so you can live with them for a while?

In these types of situations, it's best to have someone around just in case he tries anything stupid."