Parental Control

Jevan's POV

"Hey," I said as I caught Blossom entering the room.

"Hi mommy," Jason greeted too.

"Hi baby," she responded to our son.

"So why can't I get a 'Hi baby' too?" I smirked and Jason giggled.

"Because you're not a baby, daddy. You're big," Jason gave his two cents.

Blossom joined us at the table for cereal. We talked and interacted with Jason until he drifted off to sleep in my arms.

I put him down to sleep and tucked him in.

I went back into the kitchen.

"What are you doing here? Isn't Adobi looking for you?"

"I think I'm going to break up with her," I cut right to the chase, "I just can't take it anymore."

I sighed loudly and sat down with Blossom across from me, looking at me as if I wasn't serious.

"Why? What happened?"

"Everything," I answered. I felt as if I was steaming. I didn't want to talk about my troubles anymore and Blossom understood.

I slept in the guest bedroom while she went to her bedroom.

I dreamt about her.

~

The next morning, I was up early. I made coffee to start my day but I wasn't looking forward to returning to my own house just yet, until a knock came to the front door.

Blossom suddenly appeared, covered in a silk robe.

She looked edible.

"I'll get it," she said.

In walked my parents.

"Mom? Dad?"

"Jevan Hollen," my mother answered, sounding distasteful.

"What are you doing here?"

"Your fiancée stopped by our home last night. She was in tears and she claimed that you left her all alone and went to Blossom's. We had to see for ourselves," my father stated.

I ran my fingers through my hair. Of course, nothing less was expected of Adobi. She would want to have my own parents on her side to win favours.

"Mom. Dad. I'm on the edge," I responded.

"The edge of what? I didn't raise you to go around breaking women's hearts or toying with them!" my mother snapped at me.

I hadn't seen her this upset in a long time.

"Now, Adobi is outside in the car. She's going to come in here. We're going to sit down and have a discussion because clearly something is wrong somewhere," mom ordered.

"Well, if you'll excuse me..." Blossom interrupted as she tried to dodge my parents.

"You're only excuse to change your clothes. This involves you as well, Blossom."

"What, me?" Blossom was startled.

"Yes, you," my father answered.

Blossom disappeared to her bedroom and returned properly clothed. Adobi was inside now. Everyone sat down in the living room.

"I think Adobi should start," my mother said.

"Thank you Mrs. Hollen." I watched as she took a deep breath.