The Misunderstand-Ring

Blossom's POV

I grew numb as I watched Jevan performed CPR on our son. It felt like I was the one who needed it because my breath was being held from my lungs.

*coughs*

"Oh thank you God." I exhaled the last breath I was holding as Jason's grey eyes opened and he started breathing again.

Jevan picked rolled him to his side for the remainder of the water left his mouth before he picked him up.

The resort's doctor came to our aid and took Jason to the recovery room. Jevan came back to my side afterwards.

"Hey. Are you okay?" he asked me.

"That was the scariest thing that ever happened to me, Jevan. We almost lost our son."

He pulled me in for a hug. "He's going to be okay. Jason is a fighter. It was all my fault though. I shouldn't have taken my eyes off him."

"It was an accident. Let's just be grateful that he's alive and he'll be okay."

_________

The following day, Jason made a full recovery and Jevan took us back home.

I didn't complain one bit nor did Jason. He didn't miss the dolphins either.

"Ah. The comfort of being back home," I said as I got settled in the mansion.

"Mommy, can I go watch TV?"

"Sure. Don't sit too close to the screen, okay?"

"Okay."

I watched as he ran to his bedroom. Jevan seized the moment by circling my waist and pulling me into his chest.

"So, will you be sleeping in my bedroom tonight?" he whispered in my ear.

"Jevan, why must you be so tempting?"

"And why must you be so irresistible?"

I smirked and turned to face him. My arms circling his neck. "Okay. Tonight and forever."

"Really?"

He didn't wait for a response. He picked me up and carried me up the stairs.

Why couldn't we just take the elevator?

_____________________

Jevan's POV

After an almost disastrous weekend, I was back in the office with the brightest smile and best mood. Blossom had made the step of fully rekindling our relationship.

A knock came to my door before my father strolled on in.

"How's Jason?" was his first question. I had called him before we left the resort to inform him what had happen.

"He's much better."

"Glad to hear that. What's for today?"

"I'm about to ask Blossom to marry me."

"Okay. Are you going out to get the ring or you want to bring it here?"

"Here."

"I'll do you the favor."

"Thanks dad."

After he left, my phone chimed with a text from my ex-fiancee. It stated that there was something important she had to say to me.

I ignored it.

When several hours went by, the jeweler arrived with a case of engagement rings for me to choose from.