Crossing BorderLine

Jevan's POV

I was heading for Hunter's office instead of my very own. It felt like my blood was frying and the air conditioning was doing a poor job at cooling me off.

"Mr. Sax, I have a Mr. Jevan Hollen here to see you. Should I send him in, sir?" his secretary spoke in the phone to grant permission.

I noticed she was someone my father fired a few weeks ago.

She led me into Hunter's office then closed the door as she left.

"Jevan, what a surprise. Have a seat," Hunter offered.

"I'll stand. This isn't a meeting," I answered.

"Oh. So this is an unfriendly visit?" Hunter asked, standing too. He straightened his posture and his jacket.

"You got that right," I said.

"Why are you here? Oh, let me guess. You came here to warn about staying away from your fiancee, right?"

"That and more," I said, tossing him the envelope with a copy of the DNA test results, "The proof is in your face. Dahlia is my daughter and Blossom is about to become my wife. Stay away from them both!"

"Why must you always have your fucking way and I can't have shit to myself, huh? You think I didn't love Blossom too? I want a family too and I wanted that family with her! You came between us and fucked everything up for me. I should punch you in the face!" Hunter shouted.

"I wish you would, clown. The only punching you can accomplish is that on a woman when she's vulnerable like what you did to Blossom. You think I never saw the bruises over her face and body? And you have the audacity to state that you love her and wanted a family with her?" I asked, folding my arms.

"You Hollens. From your granpa all the way down to your son, you're nothing but pain in the ass!"

"Leave my family out of this, especially my kid, before I come over there and knock all your teeth out! I come here to show you that baby Dahlia is my daughter. Not yours!"

"Well I don't believe this results, Jevan. You're a billionaire. You can purchase the god damn presidency if you wanted to. I want my own DNA testing done."

"What! Are you out of your senses now? Why would I falsified the DNA test?"

"Because you want Dahlia to be your daughter! You would do anything! I'm not believing this and there's no way you can make me believe it unless I have my own testing done."

"Be my guest. You can go to the lab today. Dahlia's sample should still be available or I can give you a new one."

"No. You're just going to tamper with everything. I'll get my own lab and my own sample from Dahlia. Have Blossom....."

"I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE BLOSSOM DO SHIT! Stay the hell away from my woman and my kid! I'm done warning you!" I turned on my heel and walked out the door.

*

Blossom's POV

I had Hunter's number blocked from calling my phone. Jevan showed me the results from the test and I was happy that he was the father of baby Dahlia.

I had called my mother and told her the news and I messaged Sophia and Nina with the information as well.

I was in the nursery with Dahlia when Jevan walked in.

"Hey, I thought you were at work."

"I went to see Hunter."

"What? Why?"

"To show him that he's not Dahlia's father and to tell him to stay away from my family."

"I understand why you did it but we should have ignored him."

"No. Sometimes when you ignore someone, they tend to get more desperate for your attention and might do just about anything to obtain that. From now on, if you're going out in the public, a security guard would be with you."

"You're giving me a babysitter?"

"No. A protector. I wouldn't always be around to protect you and when I'm not, I want to make sure you're safe especially when out with the children."

"Fine. I understand."

"Good. I'm going to leave for work now. Just wanted to come back to see how you are doing. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

He planted a gentle kiss on my lips and kissed Dahlia's forehead while she was in my arms.

As usual, her eyes flutter and lo and behold, they opened.

"Jevan! Her eyes are open!"

Jevan rushed back to my side and peered down at her. She was peering right back with her grey eyes. Then she gave the widest smile ever and cooed the loudest as if she was cheering at her father.

"This is the happiest moment of my life," Jevan said, his eyes shinning with tears of joy, "This and finding out Jason was my son and when you agreed on giving us a second chance," he went on.

*
*
It was Friday morning and I had to take Dahlia to the doctor's office for her weekly check-up.

We were already dressed and the guard Jevan assigned to me, drove us there since Jevan was at work.

At the doctor, I was attended to immediately. The guard stood outside the door while Dahlia got examined with me there with her.

Everything went smoothly and the doctor was happy when she heard Dahlia had opened her eyes. For an extra check, she tested her eyes.

"Her eyesights is excellent. She's a healthy baby girl. Keep being a great mom to her," the doctor advised.

"Thank you and I will."

We left and I went into a clothing store to grab a few dresses for myself.

A really pretty dress caught my eyes and I just had to take it off the rack.

"I'm stepping into the changing room with the baby," I informed the guard who was still hot on my tail.

"Please hurry, ma'am. If you ask me, you shouldn't even be here with the baby. She's too young and...."

"I didn't ask your permission. You're not Jevan," I snapped.

He held his hands up in surrender and I went into the changing room. The dress was too big around the waist area and it wasn't bringing out my figure enough.

I put it back on the rack and we left the store.

While sitting in the car, I remember I had left Dahlia's baby-bag in the fitting room.

"Don't worry, I'll go get it," the guard said. He sprinted back into the store and went to the car but before I could reach the door, something pressed into my back.

"I'm holding a gun to your back. Follow me to MY CAR or I swear I'm going to shoot the baby," his said.

Chills like ice ran down my back when I heard the trigger.

"Okay. Okay. We'll come with you, Hunter."