Lost For Words

Dedicated to Teefabulous
*Thank you for always looking forward to my updates.

Jevan's POV

After the meeting with my father and his partners in France, I went back to my hotel room.

To my appal surprise, Adobi was sitting on one of the couches with her right leg crossed over the left. And Blossom had a puzzle look on her face as they stole quick glances at each other.

I left the unfriendly tension.

"Adobi. What are you doing here?" I asked, putting my briefcase aside and loosening my neck tie before moving it.

"Is that all you're going to say? You don't sound too happy to see me. Maybe because you already have company." Her eyes blazed at Blossom.

"I told you before that I'm here on business with Jevan," Blossom defended.

"Oh. First name basis. Now I know she's definitely not an employee at Hollen Tower so what is she really doing here?" Adobi was standing now with hands on her hip.

"Look, she's seeking my approval to invest in Mr. Collinwood's starting company. She's his employee," I explained.

"Oh. Well I'm sorry for the way I lashed out at you both. Jevan, I came to surprise you. Your father gave me all the details, even about the party tonight so I thought this would be the perfect time to come see you," Adobi said.

I pulled her into a quick hug and kissed her forehead. "I missed you."

"I missed you too."

I formally introduced Adobi to Blossom before Adobi drifted off to sleep in my bedroom.

___________

" So, how did you two met?" Blossom asked me once we were alone.

"At college. We had similar classes together and we sort of just clicked," I responded.

"That's nice. I'm so happy for you, Jevan. You deserve to be happy."

I nodded my head before speaking again, "So, there's a party tonight called "À Peine Là". It means 'Barely There' in English."

"Why does that sound so revealing?"

"Because it is so I hope you've got a sheer dress."

"Actually, I don't. I think I'll sit this one out. Plus, I've got lots more work to do." She showed me her computer.

"Come on, you deserve a break. I'll tell you what. I'll give you a card and you can go get a dress."

"You can't be serious. Your girlfriend will kill you."

"She wouldn't dare." I handed Blossom my card. She reluctantly took it.

"Where am I supposed to find a dress though? I don't know a street name in Paris."

"The hotel got a boutique. Try there."

She smiled at me then walked out the door. There will always be something about the way she smiles.

________________

At 9:00 P.M, we were dressed and ready to leave for the gala.

Adobi looked stunning in a white sheer dress that hugged her curves and made her cleavage popped. The split revealed more of her skin. Her hair was in a beautiful high bun. She looked beautiful, but when Blossom entered the room, I was speechless.

Blossom wore a black dress that fitted like a second skin on her beautiful, captivating body. It flowed down the back of her and ended with black feathers. I just need she would be the envy of the party tonight. Adobi was already dreading to look her way.