Set The Date

* Dedicated to everyone who thought I vanished*

Jevan's POV

"Babe, how does the 12th of November sounds?" Adobi asked as she scribbled notes into her notepad.

My uninterested presence was obvious. I was busy typing a respond email to my uncle EJ.

"Jevan!" she shouted, getting my attention finally.

"What's up?"

"I'm asking about our wedding date and all you can do is not pay attention to me?"

"I'm sorry baby. I just have a lot going on right now. Work is becoming hectic and..."

She facepalm herself. "Baby, that's for another day. At this moment, I need you to set a date."

I heaved a long sigh. "Don't you think we're moving too fast?"

"Too fast? We've been college sweethearts for YEARS. How is that moving too fast, Jevan?!" she asked with a shout.

"You're right. But I can't get into this right now. We'll discuss this another time." I peeled myself off the couch and Adobi caught me and wrapped her arms around me. She stared up at my face, studying me.

"Are we okay? Because ever since Paris, I've been getting a different vibe from you. It's like you're slipping away. What's wrong and how can I fix it?" she sweetly asked.

She was so caring. I loved that about her.

"Really, it's nothing. We're okay."

We headed upstairs to my bedroom afterwards.

_________________

That weekend, I met with my family for dinner. I had a huge question on my mind and when I couldn't take the weight of it anymore, I blurted it out for everyone to hear me.  "Is it possible for a Hollen to have hazel eyes?"

Every eyes fell on their significant other.

My grandmother, Emma, looked to my grandfather, Ethan.

My mom looked to my dad.

Jada and Jase stared right back at me with their grey eyes like mine.

The silence lasted for about five minutes before my father cleared his throat to speak up. "Scientifically, anything is possible, son, but when it comes to the Hollens, it's not. Grey eyes is the main characteristic of our bloodline. It's our telling. It's our signature. It's been like that for centuries. Right, dad?"

"You're correct," my grandpa agreed.

I slumped.

"What's this about, Jevan?" my mom asked.

"I was just curious. Blossom has a son so I was...."

"She's back? Oh, it's been ages since I've seen her. Are you two going to..." my mother went on but she stopped herself.

"Who's Blossom?" grandma Emma asked.

"Jevan's highschool sweetheart and the love of his life," Jada inserted.

"But, what about Abadilo?" Grandma asked again and everyone laughed at the mispronunciation of Adobi's name.

"What's so funny?" she asked, digging into her bed of greens.

"Her name is Adobi, grandma," I clarified.

"Ohh. Adobi. What about her then?"

"We're very much together and we're doing just fine. Blossom... Blossom was just a girl I met in high school."