In Your Shoes

Blossom's POV

The bare thought of becoming pregnant with Hunter's child made my skin crawl. And with Jevan's would be dysfunctional. The last thing I wanted was to jeopardize his relationship with Adobi.

~

It was the following week. The bruises on my face healed nicely and I was looking forward to meeting up with Nina and Sophia for early morning coffee at our usual café.

"Ladies, from the bottom of my heart, I want to apologize to the you. The both of you. You two have been nothing but good to me and I turned around and became an ass," I sincerely apologized.

"Blossom, you were going through a lot and we understand. We're just so happy that you've moved away from Hunter," Nina beamed her usual beam and Sophia nodded in response.

"I got the bill," I told my friends when the bill arrived. I handed the waitress my debit card and she left to conduct the transaction.

"So, when are you going to come back to work?" Sophia asked me.

"As soon as you want me to," I answered.

"How about next Monday? You can use the remainder of the week to get yourself together," Nina said.

"Sounds great," I answered as I finished my cup of steaming coffee.

"Excuse me ma'am. Your card has been declined," the waitress interrupted.

"That's impossible." I was stunned but reluctantly took the card with pure embarrassment.

"Don't worry about it. I'll get the bill," Sophia said.

~

When I got back to Jevan's home, I called my bank representative.

"Yes, Miss. Wright. I'm sorry to inform you that your funds had been cancelled and withdrawn from your account."

"Excuse me! That's my money! How can it just be cancelled and withdrawn without my approval?"

"Well, technically, it's Mr. Hunter Sax's money and he is the holder of that account. Your name was just added to it. But I can assure you that he has the leverage to cancel that account if he chooses and to withdraw any amount he pleases as well."

"That son of a bitch!"

"My apologies Miss. Wright. Maybe this is an issue you should sort out with Mr. Sax himself."

"Thank you." I hung up and exhaled heavily. I couldn't believe the bastard would stoop so low, but after all, it was his money and he was entitled to do whatever he pleases, but if he assumed that that would make me come crawling back to him then he was mistaken.

Nothing was going to make me crawl back to that snake. Not even a baby.

I started silently praying for my menstrual flow to occur as soon as possible.

~

Later that evening, Jason and I were sitting in the living room. I was helping him with his spellings and art homework when the doors to the front entrance of the mansion were yanked open and shut with a loud slam behind her.

"So it's true, huh? You are here. In my house. With my man!" Adobi started.

"Adobi. Hi. I'm sure Jevan explained what had happened..."

"I don't care about what happened to you. Quite frankly, you deserve every bad thing that ever happened to you!
This is my life! Not yours! You think I don't see what you're trying to do here?"