Are You Ready

Jevan's POV

The next day, I was in my Master bedroom, thinking long and hard when the door opened and Adobi stepped in.

"Hi babe, I was just about to go shopping. You need me to get you anything?" she asked while she took her purse off the table.

"Adobi, we should talk," I offered.

"Can't it wait?"

"No. I need to say this to you right now."

"What is it?" she asked, giving me her full attention now.

"Adobi, you're a wonderful person in your own unique way. I have no regrets of having you be apart of my life..."

"Where are you going with this, Jevan?"

"Adobi, I'm ending things between us. The engagement. The relationship. It's over."

She held her chest as if she was having a heart attack. Tears welled up in her eyes.

"I know it's going to be hard for you to just accept that and move on, but with time, you're going to be okay and you'll find someone else who'll really love you and do right by you."

"Jevan, you do love me and you were doing right by me.. Until that BITCH came back in your life."

"Adobi, this has nothing...."

"IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HER! LOOK ME IN MY FACE AND TELL ME SHE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!How could you do this to me? I loved you. I cared about you. I've never cheated on you. I may have flirted with an ex but that was to get your attention but I've never cheated on you, Jevan. I don't deserve this!"

She was in hot tears now.

She dropped to the floor with loud sobs and I felt heartache for her. I did that to her and I was an asshole for stringing her along for so long.

"You're right. You don't deserve this. This is why I'm being very honest with you. I'll always be your friend. I'm in love with Blossom. I want a family with her and my son. She has my heart. Last night was amazing with her....."

"Oh God, you slept with her again, didn't you?"

"I did."

"You're a son of a bitch. And you will get what you want deserve. You will get your karma Jevan Hollen. I don't know why I'm even crying over your ass. You're pathetic. You're a little boy who can't over his highschool sweetheart!"

She rose and slapped me across the face once again. Then she started making phone calls and had her friends came over to help her pack up her things.

That afternoon, she left.
__________
I used the remainder of the weekend getting myself together. I wasn't about to run into Blossom's hands the mere moment Adobi left, although that was exactly what I wanted to do.

On Monday, I took a day off from work and decided to pay Blossom a visit at hers. I had buy roses and wanted to ask her out to dinner.
She made me the happiest man when she accepted the roses and said yes to the dinner plans.

At 6:30 in the evening, we were sitting down to dinner at one of the most upscale restaurants in all of L.A.

"So, Adobi really left?" she asked, starting the conversation.

"Yes. I told her how my heart felt and there wasn't a space for her in it."

"Any regrets?"

"The only regret I have is not letting this happen sooner. You would have never been in an abusive relationship with Hunter and my son would have a stable home and family then."

"Jevan, it's okay. The important thing is that we've finally found each other and I do want us to be together and raise our son as a real family. But, let's not just rush into it. I'm not about to be your rebound."

We laughed.

"I'll never look at you like that. You're my first true love who got away from me. I'm glad you're here with me. It feels right and it feels like I'm in highschool again."

"So you never stopped loving me?"

"No. I couldn't. I kept thinking about you. Dreamt about you. Kept seeing images of you around me. You have no idea how much I missed you when you were gone. I kept nagging my parents to find you."

Our food and drinks arrived and we started eating and drinking and talking to each other.

"Jevan, I missed you too. You were everything to me. My first everything. Mama didn't want us to be together and it was the first time I stood up to her. I thought she would have knocked the crap out of me..."

We laughed again.

"But then she started accepting you bit by bit."

"Do you hear from her, is she still..."

"Yes and yes. Although she's completely innocent."

"I'll get someone on her case," I said.

"Thank you. We'll both appreciate it. She's the only family I have apart from my son."

"I understand. I'm here for you now. I'm not going anywhere. Okay?"

She smiled sweetly at me. That smile could light up an entire room. I'll never get bored of seeing that.

"So, what took you so long?" she asked again.

"Huh?"

"To rekindle."

"Truthfully, I thought I owed Adobi a fair chance to love me. Maybe it was my guilt which had me thinking this way. I tried to love her and I did love her. I just wasn't in love with her."

"Jevan, are you sure you're ready to make the step of being with me and your son, because your life isn't going to be the same after that. It's going to be a constant thing you'll have to see and deal with everyday."

"Blossom, having a family with you was a dream of mine since highschool. Now that I can actually have that chance, you think I'm going to pass it up?"

"Then, let's do it. I'm so ready. Hearing your words, I believe you're ready too."

*
*

We finished our dinner and left the restaurant. Together, we went for a drive underneath the lit sky.

I stopped my Range Rover at the familiar coastal cliff.

"Remember here?" I asked her.

She looked around. We got out and started walking.

"Yeah. This was the first place we had our heated make-out."

"And if I can recall correctly, you wanted me on the backseat," I teased.

"Nah. You wanted me," she joked.

"No no no. You did all the wanting," I joked back.

We laughed so hard and I wrapped her in for a hug before kissing her forehead.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Let's go home to our son."

_________________
A/N
I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. The story isn't over as yet though. There's much more to come.