Rocks In The Head

Blossom's POV

Jevan stormed into the master bedroom with the angriest expression I've ever seen when we returned to the house. Dahlia was already in her nursery, still fast asleep.

"Do you have fucking rocks in your head, huh!?" he bursted out.

"Jevan, please understand that I only went..."

"What's there for me to understand? I told you to stay away from him and keep Dahlia away from him as well. But what did you do? You got dressed and took Dahlia with you to see Hunter!"

"BECAUSE SHE COULD BE HIS!"

"I swear, if you say that one more time, Blossom! I really don't understand you. You ought to be smarter than this. Hunter did everything in his power to try to break you. And you go waltzing to him with our baby!"

"Our baby? You don't know if she's yours. I told you what happened!"

"And I comprehended that. But what I can't understand is why the hell you were at the diner with Hunter when I told you to keep away from him! He could have taken Dahlia and hurt you. Why are you so slow in picking that up?"

"So now I'm slow?"

"You're acting like it, Blossom. You're my fiancee and you're going to be my wife! If you're going to still go behind my back to meet your ex......"

"Okay! Hold on. I had a valid reason. For the last time, he could be Dahlia's father and if he is, he's going to be a part of her life, which means he's going to be a part of our lives too, whether you like it or not. Jevan, I'm afraid. I'm afraid that he'll take her away from me if he's indeed her father. He said that he would."

"Blossom, you're with me. Hunter is just talking out his ass. As long as my name is on Dahlia's birth certificate, she's my responsibility and I'm not going to let Hunter take her away from you even if he's the biological father, which I hope he's not."

"Jevan. I'm so sorry."

"Come here." Without wasting another second, he pulled me into his arms and kissed me passionately.

How stupid was I to allow Hunter to manipulate me yet again.

Jevan sighed loudly and raked his fingers through his head of hair. It was quite unique how Jason had the exact same texture and color as his.

"I didn't want to say this but I can sense this is going to become very messy. To put an ease to this, I'm calling my grandfather's DNA diagnostic team."

He fetched his cellphone and made the call. Meanwhile, I went to check up on Dahlia.

*
*

"Why are you not opening your eyes? You wish to keep it to yourself?" I asked her, rocking her in my arms as she cooed.

"The test can be administered today. Results would be in the next two or three days," Jevan said when he got off the phone and found me in the nursery.

He looked at Dahlia and for the first time, I saw fear in his eyes.

"Jevan, what are you doing to do if she's not yours?" I asked him. That question rocked him to the core.

"Raise her like she's my own. I'm going to care and provide for her," he answered.

"I know it's going to break your heart if she's not yours. I can see behind your thick exterior. Behind that, you're scared and I'm the cause of it."

"You're not the cause of it. Don't put that weight on yourself."

"Are we going to be okay?" I was scared too. Scared that this would ruin us, our family, our wedding day, our lives together.

"We'll be okay." He tried to force a smile. He walked over to us and playfully pulled Dahlia's cheek.

Her eyes fluttered and my heart skipped a beat.

"Oh my God! Jevan, I think she's going to open her eyes."

We looked on but Dahlia never opened her eyes at us. She drifted off to sleep and I put her back into her crib.

________

The next morning, I woke up to a phone call. Hunter's number flashed and I quickly rejected the call.

I went into the kitchen when the chef greeted me with my morning cup of Red Rose tea and freshly made pancakes with fruits and berries at the side. Just the way I liked it.

After breakfast, I wanted to feed Dahlia but Jevan informed me that I should wait until the DNA team gets the sample first.

They were already present and were conducting the procedure for the results. After they left, I fed my daughter and gave her her morning bath.

I couldn't stop thinking about what the result is going to state. My phone chimed with a text message from Hunter:

Want to see you and Hunicca today. Meet me at the diner.

I deleted the message and pretended as if I never even saw it.

"If he's the father, it would be a battlefield between him and Jevan," I said to myself.

*
*

The next morning, my best friends came by to visit.

"She's such a darling," Nina said when I introduced her and Sophia to my daughter.

"I have to agree with Nina. She's beautiful," Sophia added.

"Thank you so much," I said.

"Why you don't sound happy?" Nina asked.

"Because tomorrow I'm going to find out who her father is. Jevan or Hunter and I'm freaking out. If it's Hunter, I'm afraid things would get terrible between Jevan and I," I explained and exhaled all together.

"Blossom, baby, everything is going to be okay. What you need to do right now, is focus on your daughter. She's the most important thing right now."

"I know she is. I love her so much although I wasn't prepared for another baby. Jason is already a handful."

"Speaking of, how is he doing?"

"He's great. Growing up to be his father's twin."

We laughed and spent the morning together, talking about work and other things that wasn't making me freak out.

*
*

That night, I couldn't sleep. The result was just hours away. I watched as the sunrise drifted through the large glass door and into the bedroom.

The alarm clock went off and Jevan stirred, putting the air conditioning  on full blast mode.

I got up, brushed my teeth, styled my hair into a simple high puff and took an early shower.

Dawn went by quickly and I heard when Jevan's phone rang. I looked at the time. 8:00 A.M.

"Thank you very much. I appreciate it," he spoke into the phone.

I went over to him. "The result is ready and would be delivered within an hour. In the meantime, I'm going to get ready for work."

He went into the shower and I went to check up on the children.

*
Exactly one hour later, there was a knock on the door. The house maid opened it and retrieved the envelope. She bought it to me and I took it to Jevan.

He was out the shower and already fully dressed in a grey tailor-made suit.

He took the envelope and tore it open.

My heart raced like a horse on its tracks.

________________

A/N

I had to do the cliff hanger!
Y'all prob hating me right now but the next chap is rolling out.

Vote and Look Forward To The Next Update.