Dark to Light

Jevan's POV

"Of course I'm not pregnant," Adobi answered.

I exhaled the air I didn't even know I was holding.

"I want our baby to be plan. I don't wish to give you unexpected news about our future child or to hide him from you," she went on, clearly throwing shot at Blossom.

"Understood," I responded.

"Jevan, let's take a week off. We can visit another country, spend some time together. Just the two of us. I don't like the way things are going between the two of us right now. Please?"

A small creeping guilt captured me. The weekend in Hawaii was actually meant for the two of us but Blossom showed it and I couldn't keep my hands to myself.

"We can do that," I answered.

She squealed happily and ran into my arms.

~

I made arrangements with Blossom to keep Jason. She was still at Nina's but she was getting a place of her own soon. My mom was making arrangements for that to happen on my behalf.

When my parents learnt what occurred to Blossom, they were heartfelt to her. Mom said the least they can do was to offer her security and a place to call her home.

An environment with peace would be better for Jason. Lord knows I didn't want him seeing his mom getting beaten up by Hunter anymore.

~

Now, it was time for Adobi and I to get away and of course, we were heading to Hawaii on my private jet.

We arrived on Sunday afternoon and checked into the hotel I was at previously.

"Honey, should we go to the pool side?" Adobi asked me, showing off her body in a new swimwear she bought while she was away.

"Sure," I responded.

Together, we went to the hotel's pool and got ourselves two pineapple fruit cocktails.

We were enjoying the sunny weather and calming breeze when a voice interrupted.

"Adobi? Adobi Street? Is that you?"

Adobi removed her sunglasses and turned in the direction of the voice. The next thing I knew, she was in another man's arms. Hugging and chattering as if he was a long lost lover.

"Ummhh," I cleared my throat loudly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Jevan this is Ben. Ben, this is Jevan," Adobi introduced which was of a poor taste coming from her.

Something wasn't right.

"Hi, I'm Benjamin but everyone calls me Ben," Ben said, reaching out his hand. I shook it.

Ben was an inch shorter than I was but his body-built made him look powerful. I could tell he work out. His complexion and skin reminded me of when I used to melt dark chocolate when I was a teen.

"And how exactly do you know my fiancee?" I asked him.

"Oh, your fiancee? Adobi, I didn't know you were engaged. Well, congratulations are in order," he said, "Adobi and I go way back. Middle school and highschool to be exact. We dated for a while too," he finished.

"I see," I said and nodded.

"Ben, what are you doing in Hawaii?" Adobi asked him, eyes glowing with every word.

"I'm on vacation. I needed a get away."

"Me too. Well, us too," she corrected by including me.