Chapter Twenty Seven

Enjoy~

Jae Yi's pov

"Jae Yi get your lazy ass out of bed and get ready for school." Chaebin said pulling the blanket off me the warmth of it going away.

"Leave me alone Chae." My hair was a mess and my eyes were puffy.

"It's been a week Jae Yi, you've missed so many assignments and the teachers are starting to worry about you." She said sitting next to me a sigh leaving her mouth.

"I know it's hard for you Jae, but please don't let this take over you so much." She said holding my hand.

"It's not." I mumbled.

"Are you going to school or not because if you're not I'm staying with you." She asked.

"I'm staying home again, but you better go to school or you'll be my punching bag." I mumbled nuzzling my face into the pillow. "I wouldn't mind that," she murmured.

"Just go." I said pushing her off my bed.

Chaebin's pov

I walked out the apartment and was face to face with Hyunjin, after Jae Yi's break up I stopped talking to him. I quickly walked over to the elevator not wanting to talk to him.

"Hey, wait up Chae!" He said running after me. The elevator doors opened and I walked inside Hyunjin following shortly after. Oh how I wished they closed earlier.

He walked closer to me, the elevator was quiet before he broke the silence.

"Look, I know that you think that I was in on this but I swear I didn't know anything about the bet." He said facing me.

I was still quiet looking at the elevator floors slowly going down, why did we have to live on the 9th floor?

"Chaebin, I know you can hear me." He said still facing me.

I ignored him, still looking at the floors going down. Hyunjin let out a sigh before pressing the stop button.

"Chae, please talk to me." He mumbled desperate to get a reply back.

"Where's Felix?" I finally spoke.

"In his room, he's sick." He muttered. He wanted to talk about the situation not about Felix being sick.

"And Jisung?" I murmured.

"Taking care of Felix, he doesn't have class today." He sighed brushing his hair back.

"Oh, tell him I hope he feels better." I said pressing the stop button again the elevator starting again.

"Don't change the topic Chaebin." He said sternly, pressing the stop button again.

"There's nothing to talk about Hyunjin." I said, same tone as him, pressing the button again.

"Stop pressing the stop button." He said pressing the button again, the elevator coming to a stop.

"You stop pressing the stop button." I said pressing it once more expecting it to start again and open at the 1st floor where the lobby was but the elevator wasn't moving anymore.

"Great, look what you did Hwang." I said sighing.

"Me?" You're the one who kept pressing it, all I wanted to do was talk." He said.

"Well if it wasn't obvious enough I don't want to talk to you Hyunjin." I said gritting my teeth. He went quiet for a bit before I spoke up again.

"Can you just call for the landlord to let us out." I said quietly, he nodded his head and picked up the phone calling the landlord quoting for him to pick up.

"An hour?! We have to wait here for an hour?" He shouted surprised, he talked to the landlord for a while longer before sitting on the elevator floor where I was.

"An hour in here huh?" I mumbled. He nodded his head.

"The landlord said that nothing was wrong with the elevator but the pressing the stop button too many times caused it to jam." He spoke softly. After an awkward moment of silence I spoke up.

"Do you have any snacks?"

"What?" He asked confused.

"Snacks? If we're going to be stuck on an elevator for an hour I wanna eat, I didn't get to eat breakfast because I was too busy trying to take care of Jae Yi."

"Of course I have snacks." Hyunjin said taking out chips and sweets from his backpack handing me my favorite chips.

"What'd you wanna talk to me about?" I asked leaning my head on his shoulder finally getting comfortable with his presence.

"I just wanted you to know that I had nothing to do with the bet and that Minho really is a good person." He said laying his head on mine.

"I know that you had nothing to do with the bet and I know that Minho's a good person but I don't know, I just want what's best for everyone not just Jae Yi." I mumbled.

"What do you mean Chae?" He asked confused.

"You know, Jisung and Felix, they really trusted Minho, now it seems like they aren't friends at all."

"Yeah, Jisung and Felix are really going through it, they haven't been talking to Minho ever since what happened." He said shoving the candy he had in his hand in his mouth.

"Last week Minho was crying to me asking if I could make Jae Yi talk to him, I felt really bad, as much as I hated him back then I could tell he was sincere, I mean when was the last time you've seen him cry over a girl?" I said making him laugh a bit.

"You know sometimes at school he wouldn't stop talking about Jae Yi, he's been so gloomy lately." He said resting his hand on mine.

"I think we should help them get back together, they're meant for each other." I said squeezing his hands a bit. He looked at me and smile.

"You're too good of a person Chae."

The elevator doors opened soon after and we got up heading our way to the front doors of the lobby before my phone started ringing.

"Chaebin, schools been cancelled, they called saying something about how the pipes broke? Or something like that." Jae Yi said through the phone.

"And you're calling me just now?" I asked.

"I tried calling you five times but you didn't pick up, what were you doing?" She asked.

"I was stuck in the elevator with Hyunjin." I muttered. "Did you not get my text message? The service must've been bad."

"Oh? You and Hyunjin?" She said before laughing.

"Ugh, We'll be there in a bit Jae." I said hanging up.

"Schools been canceled." I said to Hyunjin making him groan.

"You're telling me that we waited in the elevator for an hour to go to school only to find out that it's been canceled?" Hyunjin huffed, grabbing his backpack from the chair and heading back to the now fixed elevator.

~

End of Chapter Twenty Seven