1D Punk: He's Persistant

Harry: Your brown haired, tattooed suitor has shown up at the baby boutique everyday this past month. At first, it was creepy and still is, but he keeps you company on slow days so you don’t complain. He surprises you with how friendly and intelligent he is, far more than the tattooed freak you had once thought he was. “I thought you might want this” he tells you one afternoon, passing you the issue of Vogue that has yet to be released. “How’d you get this?” you question, flipping through the pages and Harry chuckles.

“I know a guy” he tells you and you give him a curious glance. You glance outside your store to notice a few girls gathered around, looking to Harry when he shifts so he’s blocking you from their gazes. “You realize, you have a following wherever you go right?” you question, leaning against the counter later that night after you’ve closed down.

“Yeah…” he trails off and you stand up from the box you’d been going through. “Why is that?” you ask and he shifts on his brown boots, hands finding his jean pockets and he looks uncomfortable. “I… I’m in music” he tells you and you raise an eyebrow. “. “The kind where there’s screaming and heavy guitar” you comment, flipping through the magazine on the counter and he shrugs. “Not really… more like, I write and produce” he answers, turning to look over his shoulder at you while leaning against the counter. “Oh… anybody I know?” you question, looking up and he smiles.

“Ed Sheeran, Olly Murs, Little Mix, Rita Ora, Cher Llyod, Maroon 5” he lists and your eyes widen because, he’s more than you thought. “Rethinking the whole not dating me part yet?” he questions and you roll your eyes. “You an Italian leather and Saturday’s at the lake kind of guy yet?” you ask, checking a few things off on the inventory list of the boutique you’d recently acquired from the former owner. “I could be” he tells you, taking the clipboard from your hands and you swallow. “But not really” you finish for him and he shrugs.

“I could be anything you want me to be” he whispers seriously, pushing a strand of hair behind your ear and you sigh. “But that’s not you and I don’t want that… I’m perfectly fine with how things are now” you tell him, stepping away from him and he nods. “Alright then” he tells you, a sense of finality to his tone and you nod.

Liam: “It’s already been paid for” the man behind the counter says, handing you back your card and you raise an eyebrow at him. It’s been like this every day for the past two weeks and you’re starting to get annoyed. You wait for your coffee and glance around the little coffee shop, your eyes scanning over Liam’s form in the corner table before glancing back to the barista when he calls your name. “Go out with me – Liam” the cup says and you narrow your eyes before turning.

“I can pay for my own coffee, I told you that” you tell him, standing next to his table and he glances up at you. “And I said, get to know me so I can pay for them” he dares again and your lips thin into a frown. “What are you drinking?” you question, watching as he raises an eyebrow while taking a sip from his cup. “Black coffee” he tells you and you smirk. “Then no” you tell him, stepping sideways as a little girl comes up the table. “Liam… what’s up man?” a young kid asks, wondering over to the table and Liam smiles.

“Pretty well Chase… shouldn’t you be in school?” Liam questions, leaning back in his chair while crossing his arms over his chest. “No… winter break and all. Anyway, can I reschedule my guitar lesson?” the kid asks, waving his mother over and Liam nods. “Sure kid, text me when you wanna come in and I’ll set it up” Liam says, standing to greet the mother. “Easy transition taking over the store?” she questions and you turn to raise an eyebrow at Liam.

“Yeah, it’s different but I’m managing” Liam says, bidding the two goodbye before taking his seat again. “I kind of own the music store now” he answers honestly, standing to shrug his coat back on and you glare at him. “Oh really that must be lucrative?” you answer sarcastically, letting him lead you from the coffee shop and onto the street. “It’s actually one of the most successful stores in the city. Lots of famous people come in, if you must know” Liam responds, a hint of teasing in his voice as he eyes your shocked expression.