1D Punk: You Meet His Family

Harry: The hustle and bustle of downtown London sounds on in the background as you unpack your bedroom. The clanging coming from the kitchen lets you know that Harry is in fact putting away your big box full of kitchen necessities and you smile at his effort. Your recently purchased apartment is slowly taking shape but not quick enough for you. You'd been at it for hours, opting to do everything in one day as opposed to dragging it out over the week Harry had taken off. Things had gotten easier between you both; you had learned to delegate more tasks to your trusted employees and Harry had agreed to take every Friday off in order to spend that time with you. You hadn't asked him to do so but Harry was adamant about taking the time off and you weren't going to argue. You're lost in thought staring at your things when Harry's inked arms wrap around your middle and his nose nuzzles the side of your neck before he presses a kiss to the skin beneath his lips. "The more I see you, the more I really like this hair cut," Harry teases softly and you give a short chuckle before leaning back into his embrace. The snow had started to gently fall outside your window, the glass starting to fog in protest from the cool air outside and the warm air inside. "Do you think they'll like me?" you question quietly, tipping your head back against his shoulder and Harry gives you a reassuring smile. "They'll love you," he assures you, leaning down to press a kiss to your makeup free cheek. "Hurry up now, or we'll never be done in time to leave on Friday," he teases with an easy smile and slap to your bottom before he takes off to finish unpacking the kitchen before moving on to his next task. Soon enough your apartment is finished, things placed in their correct place and it finally starts to look like home by the end of the week. Granted that could be due to the fact that Harry is sleeping soundly on your couch, long body sprawled out against the navy cushions and he looks so relaxed. Some of his things are scattered about your apartment, his things mixing in with yours and it all looks and feels right. "Harry, love... we have to get going if we're going to make it to your mothers on time," you say softly, fingers combing through his curls. You smile softly when he pushes his head into your hand and his eyes lazily blink open. He helps you gather the gifts you had bought, placing them in the hatchback of his black Land Rover before he helps you into the passenger's seat. The three hour drive is the most nerve wrecking three hours of your life and when Harry finally pulls up to his childhood home, you're more than reluctant to get out of the vehicle. "Get out of the car," Harry sighs for the tenth time but you shake your head stubbornly. "I changed my mind, I don't want to meet them yet," you pout, gasping when Harry reaches into the car and lifts you from it to set you onto the driveway. "I drove three hours for this Christmas dinner, you're meeting my family now get in the house," Harry tells you with finality and you narrow your eyes at him but do as he says. The door opens suddenly, a beautiful middle-aged brunette woman with a warm smile stands there bright eyes. "My baby," she coos softly, arms wrapping around Harry's neck as he bends to give his mother a proper hello and if he squeezes her a little too long, you would never tell. "This must be her, the girl," she says with such fondness any nerves you had were quashed with that statement. She wraps you in her arms and you think, this must be what it's like to have a mom. For all she's worth, your mother will never be a mom. "I've been waiting a very long time to meet you, to meet the girl that stole my sons heart... come in, come in, it must cold out there," she shoos, taking your hand in hers to lead you into the warm home before she introduces you to everyone gathered in the entry way. His stepfather ushers you into the living room, intent on showing you the collection of rare collectible ornaments he'd collected over the years and his older sister tags along. "She's very lovely," Harry's mother whispers, leaning in the doorway with her son at her back. "She's pretty great," he responds, pressing a kiss to the back of Anne's head as the two of them watch as you listen to Robin re-tell a story you're sure he's told a thousand times. "I think Robin might have found a new love," Gemma teases, elbowing Harry later that night as Robin takes the ornament you had been eyeing the whole night off the tree and passes it to you with an affectionate smile. "I couldn't," you try to stammer, passing the ornament back but Robin's hands cover yours. "Please dove, take it. You've put up with Harry long enough not to get some reward," he teases, a twinkle in his eyes that tells you he thinks of Harry as his own. "It's beautiful, just like you," Harry says softly, pressing a kiss to your jaw and you've never felt more at home.