1D Punk: You agree to go out with him

Harry: It’s been two weeks without Harry making an appearance in your store. You’ve not spoken with him since telling him you were happy with just being friends, which was true… for the most part. Your days are considerably longer now without his presence in your store, longer and more boring. You’re wondering around Top Shop with your friends when you spot his curly hair on the other side of the store, following a beautiful brunette girl through the racks.

You discover telling yourself you hadn’t wanted to date him, really meant you didn’t want anyone to date him. Your heart does this weird, odd sinking thing into your stomach and your stomach drops. “Just, ignore it” your best friend tells you, taking your hand in hers before she’s pulling you to another level of the store and away from the tattooed suitor who had pursued you for so long. “Hey” you hear him say and your heart stutters. You look up to find him on the other side of the rack you’re looking through, a bright smile on his face and for the first time, you don’t notice the piercings or the tattoos on display.

“Hi” you answer quietly, finally seeing him for the boy he was and not the ink. “This is Eleanor” he says, gauging your reaction as you greet the beautiful girl with a smile. “Harry talks about you, quite a lot” she says quietly, passing you the sweater you’d been looking at once he’s walked away. “I’m sorry,” you tell her, misreading what she was telling you and she giggles. “I’m dating his best friend… you should give him a chance” she tells you once Harry’s reappeared, ready to go and you smile.

“Yes” you say once he’s opened his mouth to ask you something and he raises an eyebrow. “If you’re going to ever ask me out again, the answer is yes” you tell his questioning look with an easy smile before you wonder off to meet your friends, leaving him with a smile that hurts his cheeks.

Liam: Every song you hear Liam is the first thing that pops into your mind when the guitar starts in on the melody. Every guitar you see, you imagine Liam standing behind the counter of his music store. Eventually, you unplug your TV and all electronics in protest and you’re left without a trace of him in your beautiful one bedroom apartment. Avoiding venturing into public proves to be an issue after a week and you have to leave the safety of your apartment for groceries.

While at the grocery store, you see the kid from the coffee shop weeks before. He’s with his mother, lagging behind her while playing the air guitar. You watch as his fingers make the motions, shaking when he messes something up before he’ll start again. You decide to leave the store earlier than intended, only getting the essential things needed to survive. After loading your groceries in your Mercedes, you pull out onto the road to drive back home. You know this street, better than any other street, and pull into an open parking spot before you can change your mind. In the two weeks you’ve avoided the coffee shop, it seems as if everything’s changed. You don’t recognize the barista behind the counter fixing drinks, but you recognize the man behind the register. He gives you a warm smile as he rings your drink up and tells you it’s already paid for.

“I haven’t been here in weeks” you tell him and he grins. “Liam comes in everyday and leaves money, just in case” he tells you and you can’t not be shocked at that. He’s not given up like you thought he would. “So, eventually decided my plain coffee will be alright?” you hear the next morning. You smile as you look up to find Liam standing next to your table and you shrug. “You beat me here” he tells you, sliding into the open seat across from you. “If I was going to pay for you, I had to be here early” you tell him and he chuckles. “I thought I was the one buying coffee in this non-relationship” he questions. “You are but this is me… giving you the chance to let me get to know you” you tell him and he grins over the rim of his coffee cup.

Niall: Dressed in the skin tight, salmon colored body con dress you are more than ready for a night out with the girls. You keep your sweater on while you’re eating a posh dinner, smiling and laughing with your girlfriends while discussing you events from the week. “So, how’s it going with that tattooed guy I’ve seen around the hospital?” one of your friends from work questions and the other girls raise their eyebrows.