1D Preference: Your Protector

Niall: "Why the hell would you do that?" you hiss at your drunk best friend as he discards a dirty shirt. "You can't tell me you were okay with the way he treated you. The guy was a total jerk", he claims rolling his eyes at the thought. "Don't move", you order while moving a wet cloth over the bloody area. The drunk boy winces at the feeling of burning, but still manages to speak. "You know, if you were mine, I'd never treat you like that." Once the words leave his parted lips, you are the one wincing. "You're drunk, Niall", you remind him. "So? I still mean it."

Zayn: It's too hard to think when you're stood in the middle of the overcrowded room, smoky air attacking your nostrils each time you try breathing normally. Suddenly you feel his hand wrapping around your wrist, pushing you behind his back as he secures you right there, keeping you away from the enemy. You press yourself to him, feeling his warmth and actually feeling relatively safe for once. Suddenly, a voice raises from the bottom of his throat and vibrates through his already tensed body. You close your eyes and switch your mind off to the point where all that you can feel is his warmth and his strength and safety he gives you.

Louis: "Shh." It's the only sound audible in the dark room once your quiet sobs are brought to the minimum. "Shh", you hear again and now the voice you recognize as your boyfriend's is accompanied with the arm wrapped around your waist, pulling you in. "We'll talk about this in the morning, okay?" he says again and you notice that it's probably later than you thought. "It's okay now, nothing's gonna hurt you. I'm here. It'll be okay", he says in a sweet voice all the while pulling you in. You see, protecting someone doesn't always include fists and fight and blood. It's not all about the enemies anymore. It's all about the feeling of being loved and taken care of. No matter how strong, we all need a person to protect us from monsters, demons or simply just that bad side of us which keeps crawling back during the dark time.

Liam: It's not always easy for him to protect you, but being the size he is and having the reputation he has, it's not too hard for him to try keeping that promise. With a light smile splayed over his lips, he doesn't seem dangerous at all, and that hand of his tangled in your hair like that holds barely any pressure, watching out not to hurt something he cares about the most. "I'll protect you. I'll always protect you. You know that? Always", he kind of whispers when there's just the two of you. "Always."

Harry: He's angry. You can tell it by the way he carries himself, putting his shoulders far behind his back. You're stood completely frozen, unable to move when with the corner of your eye you manage to notice his entire body being tensed, panic instantly attacking your own. His features are completely hard, sharp, eyes dark but you recognize the smallest smirk attached to the corner of his lips creating that famous half-smile. His voice is deep, slow as he speaks towards the other male. "Thought I've already told you what will happen if you try talking to my girl again."

********************
My mouth hurts from my braces

Please send help

I feel like I'm dying

I have work tomorrow

And I got home from a party less than an hour ago

Please help

Sincerely yours,

Lucifer