3.

Daniel's POV

Fuck. It's time to leave. I've been sitting in the car for the past twenty minutes waiting for the boys to wake up since I couldn't sleep.

I've been keeping myself occupied with my phone in the notes app trying to make some conversation prompts that I could use, with Maddie.

Saying her name is still weird even though I can't imagine it actually leaving my lips. I haven't said her name out loud in years. Last time I said Maddie was when I was meeting a fan. She was really sweet? I mean my words came out more as a voice crack.

I'm sweating.

This is going to be so bad.

I could just get out and make a run for it.

Okay...I'm gonna do that. I lock my phone screen and push the door open almost knocking someone out.

"Haylee?" I close the door behind me. Next thing I know I'm getting slapped.

"Ouch, that hurt! What was that for?" I place my own hand over my cheek.

"For almost slamming me with the car door!" She says popping open the trunk and putting her suitcase on top of mine.

"Anyways why are you up so early?" She yawns arriving in front of me.

"Oh, I just got here," I lie, "put my stuff in the car and sat down checking my list." I open my phone to the writing and quickly delete it. Showing her and telling her I delete things as check them off.

No, you asshole you were making prompts for-

"Wow. You've gotten more responsible." Haylee rolls her eyes cutting my subconscious off from telling me how dumb I really am.

"I know why you're out here so early. Don't worry. Maddie is going to be fine and so are you." Haylee smiles opening the car door and taking a seat in the second row of the car.

She says her name way to easily.

"So when's the last time you two hung out?" I ask my curiosity getting the best of me.

"About two weeks ago. She's been hanging out a little more with Tate but I mean she's different. In a good way."

"Yeah, it a cool way." I roll my eyes trying to act annoyed as I hop over the second row getting in the third one.

"I thought you were driving?" Haylee crinkles her eyes and I turn to my left seeing the other boys get out the front door.

"Yeah, I'll drive too. Fucking shit I will." I mumble the last four words so Haylee doesn't hear my complaining. I climb over landing in the second row and make my way to the driver's seat.

This is going to be bad. How am I going to drive when she's in the car? Act natural. Breathe. Okay. I turn the key in and look behind me to see everyone in the car.

"Where's Jonah, Tate, and Christina?"

"They said they're gonna meet us at the airport so we  only need to pick up Maddie." Haylee nods and I swallow.

I begin to drive while Corbyn tells me where exactly to go. This is going to be scary. A couple of minutes through the ride I now have Corbyn's phone and I'm leading myself to Maddie's house. My fucking ass is burning. I don't know why but I'm on fire.

"Hey does anyone know why the seats are so hot?" I keep my eyes on the road.

"Hello?" I say again poking my head back.

"Why are you all fucking asleep? It's been like 20 minutes!" I almost scream but bring my voice down to nothing since I am going to have to be the one to knock on her door.