68.

happy chapter!

hi, before you read this i would advise you to find a place that is comfortable and where you have time. this chapter is extremely long...am i sorry? hell no but enjoy! see y'all down below!

h

Maddie's POV

One word.

Starts with an f.

Funeral.

My father's funeral. I got his ashes today. Turns out Corbyn and Jonah got me a bottle necklace where I could store some. Daniel and I haven't talked since the bathroom incident and I know I didn't mean what I said but in that exact moment I did.

He knows how to press my buttons and he won't stop. I didn't get any sleep last night adding another day to my schedule of not getting any rest.

I have put on a black dress. The dress is a picnic matted black off the shoulder dress ending right above my knees. I put on a pair of black heels, the same pair that I wore to the logies and I look at myself in the mirror.

I add concealer to cover my under eye bags and some chapstick to fix my chapped lips. I can't wear mascara cause I know I'll be crying emotionally the whole time.

"Ready?" Jack asks coming towards where I am looking at myself through the mirror. He holds no index cards in his hands even though he wanted to speak about my father.

"I guess," I say spritzing some perfume on me since I still haven't showered. After Daniel left...well since I pushed him out I sat there and cried the whole night. He didn't leave to play putt-putt with them and neither did I.

I feel asleep on the cold tile bathroom floor. I thought about taking a shower but I couldn't. I need to tonight. I have to, I feel horribly disgusting but I think the only thing that's making me feel better is the small metal designed tube holding something so valuable to me.

I try not to cry as I turn around and face Jack

I try not to cry as I turn around and face Jack. He nods at me and I walk past him heading downstairs and out the back door seeing many other guest that I know and some coworkers that apparently my dad works with.

I follow along down the brick steps towards the bridge where we have chairs set up in the backyard and I take a seat in the front next to Corbyn and Christina who urges me to stand up so she can hug me.

Jack makes his way to the top of the bridge where he will soon speak. My eyes look around in search for Daniel but the second I realize what I'm doing my eyes have already spotted the blue ones.

He stands leaning against the white post by the bench swing where he takes a seat on it alone. His eyes find mine as Christina let's go of my body. He looks down too quickly.

"Okay, everyone can I have your attention please," Jack clears his throat as I sit down looking at him trying to smile when I know it looks fully fake. Probably everyone else can tell to but I continue to anyway. My eyes can't help but stare at my feet when I know my head automatically continues to turn behind me.