56.

Maddie's POV

My eyes flutter open adjusting to the bright sunlight peeking through the curtains to my left. My eyes roam from there to the lamp, then the nightstand, then I look down.

I notice Daniel's hand wrapped around my waist holding me to him as his chest rises up and down below me. I prop myself up on top of him, resting on my hands and elbows, rather then keeping my head in the crook of his neck and wasting hours of the day.

I see he's face and how he lightly hums as his snores. He's very cute when he's asleep. Very, very cute. I bring my hand up to his face and slowly trace my fingertips across his jawline and cheeks.

I watch as his eyes slowly come to a realization that I'm up and am still on top of him as his blue ocean eyes lock onto mine.

"Good morning pretty," He rasps in his morning voice and I smile kissing his lips lightly as he puckers them up again wanting more as I place mine back onto his again. This time he pushes his tongue into my mouth and I feel horrible knowing I haven't brushed my teeth so I pull out, backing away as I fall back onto my hands against his bare chest.

"What? Did I do something wrong? I can fix-

"I haven't brushed my teeth..." I begin to think about last night, "or taken a shower, I don't have any new fresh sets of clothes!" I say my mouth falling into an o in shock at how unprepared I am for our situation.

"So...you can just wear mine?" He speaks in a duh tone radiating off of how happy he is. I shake my head at him pretending to be disappointed while I know that Daniel's clothes are the most comfortable thing to wear in the whole world.

"Suit yourself, you're wearing my clothes, there's no way I'm letting you walk in your undergarments out there," he nods his head to the door as I just nod at him kissing his chin as I lay myself back down against his chest.

I can hear his heartbeat and how vivid and lively it is. It's beating really fast...I wonder why?

"Your heart's beating real fast Seavey...what's on your mind?" I ask him shifting closer, wrapping my arms around his neck as he just shrugs then begins to speak.

"You know how you...you like...ugghhh, I don't know how to say it but you know that one day in New York? That one where...where you and...you went out to party and-

"Yes, I know what you're talking about...what about it?" I say turning red. I'm a bit embarrassed that he knows about it. All the drama that went in between us flowing through to the people and spread like wildfire.

"And that tweet about how people don't know anything? I just don't want you to feel bad about what you did because we weren't together and I...I sorta kinda did the same thing." His words strike me but they aren't painful as much as they should be. I heard them correctly and clear...did I want to hear it?

I feel much better than I did before knowing that I did something and he didn't. I still have two questions about it that I want to get off my mind.

"Were you drunk?" I make eye contact with Daniel knowing he might look away if he's lying. Instead he looks down shaking his head slowly.

"Who?" I swallow when he keeps his head down, refusing to make eye connection with me.

"My old hairstylist." He says emphasizing on the word old to make sure I heard it okay. I smile lightly and tilt Daniel's chin up, moving my face closer to his as I kiss him softly, pulling out seeing his eyes wide open.