Christmas Chapter pt 2

please note: ignore my grammar mistakes too lazy to reread because damn this chapter's long but anyways...

happy reading loves!

Daniel's POV

It's Christmas eve and I'm pranking my fiancé.

I haven't seen her in like three weeks since we decorated the house for Christmas. I've been texting her recently about can't waiting to get home. But this pranking idea sounds much better. I dial her number and she picks up on the second ring.

"Hey baby," I pause, "I've got some bad news." I try to act as sad as possible and I can hear Maddie shift in bed from the earlier timing.

"What are they Seavey?" She says through the phone, her voice groggy, probably from lack of sleep. I hear the jingle of a collar meaning Mia is awake now.

What time is it there? I'm in Florida still right now?

Oh wait it's four in the morning oh dear god my poor baby. Fuck I forgot that Florida is three hours ahead so it's seven here. I can here Maddie shift again in the bed turning on a lamp as she and Mia jump out of bed I think.

"Oh umm, so I kinda can't make it back for Christmas in time." I cringe at the words that are fake and I'm hoping she'll buy them. I thump my foot on the seat of where I'm sitting in an airplane on my way back already to L.A.

I still need to pick up my surprise for her... and write it all down. As soon as we land I plan on taking an Uber while the boys get home to their families while I go off to go find the things I need for Maddie's present.

I hope she likes it, I'm not that creative with hands on things unless my hands are on her-

"Daniel? Did you just hear anything I said?" Maddie's voice cuts my wandering thoughts off as I bit my lip and tell her no with a small sorry at the end of it.

"I said that I wanted to spend Christmas with you, and when are you getting home, and what and who am I supposed to celebrate Christmas with?" The first statement she says makes me wanna change my mind about this whole prank thing.

She wants to spend Christmas with you asshole.

I gulp down, "you can spend it with my family? You know they love you, and plus you can catch up with them about the house-

I can hear Maddie let out a sigh and then sniff and I'm beginning to think this when a bit too far. Is she crying? Ugh fuck no. Damnit.

"Please don't cry baby, we can exchange presents on the twenty sixth at our place, just promise me you'll spend Christmas Day with my family so you won't be alone in the house on such a special day," I almost beg as I shift a hand through my hair and look out the plane window.