66.

Daniel's POV

I wake up to the sound of Maddie taking in breathes and exhaling breathes. Her soft face rest right on my chest, the covers coming up right below her chin but I know for a fact her arms are still wrapped around me, along with her legs.

The warmth she's giving off is just the right amount too, that I can't help but just stay here and watch her sleep. I hear the doorbell ring twice and I leave it alone but when I hear footsteps coming up the stairs my brain grows confused.

I hear each door open fast and quickly and when it gets to ours I see Jack's head pop into the room. Thank god, should've known he had an extra key.

"Hey where-

"Shh, she's sleeping. Are all the boys here too?" I ask Jack whispering so I don't wake Maddie even though my chest is going up and down while I hold her.

"Yeah, everyone's downstairs, Corbyn and Zach are asleep and Jonah is out getting some coffee for all of us." Jack sighs walking towards the bed slowly and looks at Maddie's face.

"She won't heal fast Daniel. She's very fragile at these types of moments. It's either we keep her safe and build her back together or we watch her get so caught up in herself that she doesn't know any right anymore." Jack says lightly smoothing his soft finger across her face and leaving a soft kiss on her cheek and walking away.

What he said sent shivers down my spine. Reminding me of the time Maddie told me about her drinking problem in the us. I look down at her. Her face is so raw and new. It's fresh in a way that makes it cleaned up. She's beautiful.

I really don't wanna wake her. She's peaceful and not crying anymore. When she asked me if she could sleep with me my heartfelt and agonizing ache. Especially when she choked out a sob and I had to hold her. I had to sing to her and she fell asleep on top of me.

"Mads, wake up," I muffle my voice into her neck as I hover on top of her kissing her neck and latching my lips onto her hot skin. I keep kissing her. I kiss her cheeks. I kiss her forehead. I kiss her ears. I kiss her jaw, but never connect to her lips.

The boys are here now and they can take care of her because I can't. I suck at taking care of her. Or just taking care of someone in general.

It was a bad idea to come down and apologize. I don't even understand why she wanted to sleep with me because I'm an asshole for cheating on her and the next day I wake up with her in the same bed.

I push a piece of hair behind her ear as I kiss her head sliding myself off the bed but she hears me grabbing my hand on the soft comfy fabric.

"Where are you going? Please don't leave me-

"Hush I'm not leaving okay, I wouldn't do that, I promise," yeah you would my subconscious add but I shake them as I take both of Maddie's hands and place them around my waist, propping myself up on my elbows.

"Jack and the rest of them are downstairs," I whisper, why am I whispering? I clear my throat, "you wanna go downstairs," I look into her eyes as she nods to make sure she's serious about this.

I grab her hand, pulling her out of bed her shirt lifting giving me a perfect view of her plain soft white underwear. I try not to smirk but soon enough Maddie smacks my arm as I pull her into my side laughing.

Then stopping. Then letting go of her hand as we walk downstairs in silence. I don't deserve her or deserve to be here. I'm a douche, I'm a bastard or any other bad thing you could think of.

I'm no good anymore. And I've completely lost my senses.

Maddie's POV

Daniel let's go of my hand and my heart stings. Just when I thought we could even get better he doesn't. I cross my arms the rest of the way downstairs looking at everything from the balcony.